Trainee : Strategy & Market Intelligence Analyst (M/F)
BNP Paribas Securities Services, is a leading provider of securities services and
investment operations solutions to issuers, financial institutions and institutional investors
Trainee – Strategy & Market Intelligence Analyst (M/F)
6 months starting (ideally) from January 2020
Your mission :
Working within the Market Intelligence team (Strategy function), you will support two senior
business analysts in various assignments related to market, clients & competitor analysis as
well as specific product benchmarking studies. As part of an international team, you will be
contributing to projects supporting the business development of the organization.
Responsibilities within a daily framework:
Assist in internal product and market research studies, helping product & client
development in their decision-making process regarding future market & product development
- E.g. data collection on competitors’ product initiatives & mandates via public sources like news, magazines & surveys ;
- Internet research on contenders’ market positioning & perception ;
- Support market reports construction through graphics, rankings & data compilation.
Enrichment, development of the market research database and queries therein:
- Coherent & regular update of key news, magazines & data on various segments within the Market Intelligence library (Asset management, Alternative investment funds (Hedge funds, Private equity-Real estate funds), Asset Owners (Pension funds, insurers, Sovereign Wealth Funds) Alt. inv. funds, asset owners);
- Retrieval & analysis of database streams pertinent to the abovementioned client segments (ie Asset Management, Alternative Investment Funds etc.) to define a client universe (pivot table, xls extracts).
Regular reporting on objectives, progress and achievements:
- Synthesize results of desktop research and construct, together with business analysts, first findings of project milestones & draft outputs.
Organisational team support:
- Set-up & preparation of support material for cross-location calls or workshops
- Drafting of minutes.
University degree in Finance, Economics or Business admin. orientation (Bac+5).
- Good communication and writing skills;
- High level of autonomy & proactivity;
- Result-driven attitude and approach;
- Strong analytical and synthesis skills;
- Ability to work with Microsoft Office incl. Excel, PPT & Word.
The candidate should have a good command of written and verbal French and English.