In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 18,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 68 markets with more than 193,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
* excluding partnerships
At BNP Paribas, we passionately embrace diversity and are committed to fostering an inclusive workplace where all employees are valued, respected and can bring their authentic selves to work. We prohibit Discrimination and Harassment of any kind and our policies promote equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants, irrespective of, but not limited to their gender, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, ethnicity, race, colour, national origin, age, religion, social status, mental or physical disabilities, veteran status etc. As a global Bank, we truly believe that inclusion and diversity of our teams is key to our success in serving our clients and the communities we operate in.
About Electronic Equites Business:
The Electronic Equites business provides clients execution services on over 100 markets in more than 30 countries worldwide. We provide the full spectrum of capabilities: from Sponsored or Direct Market Access to Smart Order Router and Algorithmic Execution. Technology is a key factor in the success of this business, hence we focus on a small number of technologies and platforms, each dedicated and optimised for a particular function to achieve best results. We look to build compact, flat and global teams, actively collaborating between each other and with the business. We are a team with engineering culture, we value hands-on technical skills at any level.
The Execution System developer will join a globally distributed team responible for our Electronic Equities platform. The role will be predomiantly focused on developing our electronic execution order management system used across APAC.
• Develop and support Electronic Order Management systems used across APAC
• Face off to the business to understand requirements and translate it into design
• Work effectively in a flat compact and regionally distributed multi-skilled team
• Take end-to-end responsibility for delivery: working with other IT groups to define and deliver proper application design, deploy components, work with Support teams to establish monitoring, etc.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
• 3-7+ years of exposure to trading systems
• Excellent Java Programming skills is a must; C#, Shell/Perl/Python scripting, KDB/q are a plus
• Thorough understanding of fundamental software engineering and computer science principles: object-oriented design, structured design, databases, algorithms, data structures, usability, refactoring, debugging, and configuration management
• Good understanding of multithreading, Java Memory Model and Garbage Collector
• Good experience working in Linux/UNIX environment
• Business-centric mindset and comfortable working with business partners regularly
• Ability to collaborate with high-performing, distributed teams and individuals throughout the firm to accomplish common goals and at the same time work independently
• Excellent communications skills, able to communicate clearly and effectively.
• Experience with FIX protocol is a plus