TRADING ASSISTANT - CAPITAL MARKETS TRAINEE
BNP Paribas is a leading European bank with an international reach. It has a presence in 72 countries, with more than 202,000 Employees – including more than 154,000 in Europe and over 5,000 in Portugal alone.
BNP Paribas is present in Portugal since 1985, having been one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, BNP Paribas has several entities operating directly in this territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
Worldwide, the Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporate and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Lisbon platform provides direct support to Paris trading hub, responsible for covering the European markets.
As part of the Team, your job will consist on the main missions:
- Contributing to various reports on risk and profitability analysis of the business.
- Getting involved in the day-to-day business through numerous tasks such as: the supervision of competitors’ prices, validation of corporate action adjustments, the monitoring of our automations (hedging tool, parameterization tool, volatility fitter, algorithms,…).
- Helping with on-going developments and research on our internal pricing systems.
- Finance or Economics Degree with a good understanding of derivative models
- Strong interest in Financial Markets
- Methodological skills
- Innovative mind-set & drive
- Excellent fluency in English
- Computing skills: Excel, (VBA is a plus)
- Numerical skills
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.