Financial Trading Support Officer
BNP Paribas is a leading European bank with an international reach. It has a presence in 72 countries, with more than 202,000 Employees – including more than 154,000 in Europe and over 5,000 in Portugal alone.
BNP Paribas is present in Portugal since 1985, having been one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, BNP Paribas has several entities operating directly in this territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
Worldwide, the Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporate and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
The Europe treasury trade support team is in charge of providing support to European treasury activities based in the following countries: London, Dublin, Frankfurt, Madrid, Lisbon, Moscow, Budapest, Sofia, Amsterdam, Copenhagen, Stockholm, Oslo, Vienna, Prague, and Bucharest.
Additionally, it brings support to the Corporate Deposit Line activity (CDL).
The team has 3 core functions:
- Management and operational monitoring of local treasury and CDL activities
- Controls and reporting
- Process re-engineering through the active participation in projects driven by organisation / projects teams (Business Management or Process expert team) or through the involvement in specific projects conducted locally e.g. migration projects.
- Management and operational monitoring of Europe Treasury and CDL activities
- Monitoring of the Front-Office (FO) to Back-Office (BO) workflow interface: ensure that all deals have been correctly interfaced to OMR, Murex, Calypso, FXO Back Office and accounting systems
- Booking of events related to the trade life cycle (update / cancel / termination / rebooking) upon prior request from FO
- Maintain continuous interaction with FO, BO, and relevant stakeholders (PnL, Central and local Finance teams, local operations teams…), for any action done by TS
- Monitoring of local treasury activities / processes
- Control and reporting
- Monitor Trade Support controls (booking controls, regulatory and related standards application controls). More generally, ensure that the control framework surrounding treasury activities is efficient and exhaustive and, when appropriate, set up additional controls.
- Monitor gapping position controls for specific processes : ensure the correct generation of mirror deals to treasury portfolios
- Carry out discrepancy analysis or investigate any bugs raised by other teams (Position Control Analysis (PCA) team, Back Office, PnL teams…)
- Alert the management and the Permanent Control on any risk issue on a timely basis
- Answer any audit request from Permanent control, V&RC, Risks ORC teams…
- Produce regular reporting aimed at FO (activity reports, specific booking reports…
- Compute KPI and KRI for business or for internal use (activity dashboard)
- Produce specific reporting: e.g. Monthly analytical and cash retrocessions figures computation (generation of reports, communication to ALMT Finance, local FO and Finance teams)
- Answer specific ad-hoc reporting requests
- Process re-engineering
The treasury trade support team’s primary function is a production support function. However, the team is involved in a number of projects in coordination with organisation teams, IT, Business Management (launch of new products, new activity, workflows and systems.
- Contribute to all initiatives concerning bug fixings, IT enhancements, and workflow updates
- Represent the team in discussion forums such as Operational committees, TAC NAC for the approval of new deals, new activity, or exceptional transaction
- Contribute to transversal and local projects: attend workshops, follow-up meetings and committees, draft the needs, analyse the proposals, and run User Acceptance tests (UAT)
- Provide assistance to FO for any deals representation in the FO system taking into account PnL and BO impacts
- Maintain the documentation framework (operational procedures, Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) notes, and user guides, SLA…)
- University degree in Economics, Management or other related area
- Fluent in English
- Good knowledge of the Front-Office to Back-Office operational workflow (full trade life cycle chain)
- Good knowledge in financial products
- A good knowledge of Business Object (SAP) - desirable
Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.