About the job
- Upon request from the Regulators, focused on a specific trade population (usually selected from a broader bulk trade request prior to examination), reconstruct complete life cycle within 72 hours of request for CFTC (Commodity Futures Trading Comission)
- Package Time-sequenced reconstruction of pre and post, structured and unstructured trade data (from the pre-trade communication to the trade expiration stages) for all swap products for CFTC
- In order to comply with Regulatory Trade Reconstruction formal requests (on-site exam or written requests), RMO performs on-going trade reconstruction simulations where the following activities are conducted
- Identifying a sample of transactions allowing to identify and recreate the key life-cycle events of the trade and the associated data/records to evidence the events
- Retrieving records in accordance with the trade reconstruction requirement as firms must retain and be able to produce the following categories of records and information including pre-trade, execution and post-trade records including legal records (ISDA Master, ISDA Protocol, KYC, among others)
- Trade Reconstruction thus mean identifying a scope of trades, then explaining the full history (ie. stages) of a trade with the associated records
- The products concerned by the Trade Reconstruction process for this role are listed and swap products for CFTC
- The person filling this position will need to be able to partner and work across multiple cross-functional areas, including Information Technology, Compliance, Legal, Controls, centralized Records Management Program and the Data Management office
Your Main Activities Are
- Data Sourcing - Extract and integrate Data from multiple sources to achieve business objectives
- Data Preparation - Gather, Structure, analyze, transform and combine Data to support the Trade Reconstruction teams using different Business intelligence and analytics tools
- Reconstruct complete life cycle of Trades within 72 hours of request for CFTC
- Conduct self-initiated trade reconstruction simulations
- Data Visualization - Translate Data into a visual context in order to better understand large datasets
- Collaborate with internal clients to best understand their operational and strategic needs
Profile and Skills to Success
- 7 to 12 years of professional experience in Record Management
- Strong knowledge of SQL databases and ETL methods
- Knowledge of advanced data visualization tools (Tableau, PowerBI)
- Ability to explain the results of a model and the different elements impacting it in a clear and concise mode
- Experience within the Financial service industry and in particular Global Markets
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a changing environment and covering different time zones
- Project management skills
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions:
- Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines;
- Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services;
- Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional clients.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
· Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
· Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.