What is this position about?
Management, development and growth of trade finance portfolio for Transaction Banking.
What would your typical day at BNPP Paribas look like?
Primary Role Responsibilities
- Manage, develop and grow Transaction Banking Australia's Trade Finance portfolio.
- Marketing calls to existing and prospective clients.
- Responsibility for follow up of marketing calls, including providing additional materials/information, any follow up calling on the company's key trade operatives, and providing feedback to/interface with coverage officers.
- Research and identify prospective clients for allocated business initiatives.
- Preparation of marketing pitches and RFP responses for the Trade Finance product suite.
- Provide technical advice to Senior Bankers, Relationship Managers and clients on the Trade Finance product suite, including UCP terms and conditions.
- Complete Trade Finance product memo, including review of product structure, documentation, pricing & return hurdles for all new trade product requests and annual review of existing trade facilities.
- Administration, including ad hoc reporting and tracking accurate revenue capture (in consultation with Finance & Control, Group Operations and TB Management).
- Maintain data integrity of Trade pricing data base.
- Provide business analytical support to Head of TB Australia through the preparation of monthly reports and adhoc presentations.
- Continuing education to keep abreast of international, political, economic and business events which may impact upon business operations or product development. Includes attendance at appropriate industry and client functions.
What is required for you to succeed?
- Tertiary studies in the Banking I Finance I Legal I Business
- Preference of 2-3 years, specifically in Trade Finance structuring / Risk / Sales & Marketing.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with front, middle and back office stakeholders;
- Ability to communicate professionally and reliably with external clients;
- Strong Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills.
- Decision Making - Is able to identify and understand problems and issues, commits to action and involves others.
- Work Standards- Is able to set, meet and maintain high standards.
- Managing Work -Able to prioritise work and complete accurately within reasonable time periods.
- Communication - Communicates reliably and professionally with both internal and external clients and is easily and confidently able to convey the correct message.
- Teamwork and Team Development - Actively promotes excellence in the integration and development of the team by providing support, encouragement, motivation, and acknowledgment of performance and success.
About BNP PARIBAS
As the leading European Union bank, and one of the world’s largest financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence in the region since 1860, BNP Paribas offers a wide range of financial services for corporate, institutional and private investors spanning corporate and institutional banking, wealth management, asset management and insurance.
We passionately embrace diversity and are committed to fostering an inclusive workplace where all employees are valued and encourage applicants of all backgrounds, including diversity of origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion applicants who may be living with a disability. We have a number of internal employee networks in place to empower our staff to act and challenge the status quo.
• BNP Paribas PRIDE is highly active in favour of the LGBTQIA+ community
• BNP Paribas MixCity which fosters better representation of women at all levels of the organization
• Ability, the mutual aid network for employees with a disability or a disabling or chronic illness
• BNP Paribas CulturAll which celebrates diverse backgrounds
BNP is committed to financing a carbon-neutral economy by 2050. The Group is a founding member of the Net-Zero Banking Alliance and has set up its own Low Carbon Transition Group to support its clients through their energy transitions.
BNPP has won Top employer Europe award in a 10th consecutive year
Discover the different professions within BNP Paribas: Financing and Investment
Working in a financing and investment role at BNP Paribas involves supporting our corporate clients - from start-ups to the largest corporates - and institutions to develop their business strategies and to support their investment and project funding within local markets as well as internationally.Find out more
Why should I apply?
Basically, why would you want to join BNP Paribas over any other company?
BECAUSE YOU'RE THE KIND OF PERSON WHO WANTS...
What if we told you that working in our Group isn’t quite what you might think? At BNP Paribas, we do a multitude of different jobs that are constantly evolving to meet the expectations of our clients and society as a whole. Whether through everyday tasks or major projects, doing one of our jobs means making a personal commitment to taking sustainable action.
Feeling good about your job means bringing your whole self to work and being who you are. It’s also about having the resources you need to achieve a healthy work-life balance. Both of these are major commitments at BNP Paribas.
At BNP Paribas, developing your skills is as important to us as it is to you. And the skills you learn with us will help you through the rest of your working life.