Analyst under a local team leader reporting to the CCCO of Canada and the Head of Transversal OPC in NY
MISSION AND OBJECTIVES
The position is created as part of extended team headed in New York and localized in Montreal. The CIB Americas Transversal Operational Permanent Control Team has a broad range of responsibilities, overseeing the operational control related activities in various perimeters like Global Market, Corporate Banking, IT and Operation Back Offices and some functions like Finance and others. This includes among other tasks: control design and testing, control performance reporting, risk assessment, audit recommendations follow-up . Transversal OPC is looking for a candidate who will support the team through the analysis and reporting of data.
Responsibilities : The Analyst will contribute in the following :
· Initiate intra-month requests to various teams for evidences that support the execution of controls tested as part of the Control framework
· Perform monthly testing (via sampling) of key controls
· Review testing evidence provided, rate the completeness of the controls tested and provide the results to the control owners for review. Request a remediation plan for controls that are consecutively deviant.
· Consolidate the final results and ratings of the controls tested into a dashboard which is used for presenting to management on a monthly basis.
· Periodically re-assess the control testing scope and presentation of the testing results and make suggestions to enhance the monthly report as needed.
· Periodically review the controls rating criteria with the control owners and update, if deemed necessary.
· Monthly consolidation and capture controls evidence into the controls library
For audit recommendations
· Intra-month review and monitoring of open and past due recommendations
· On a monthly basis, provide data extracts of outstanding/past due recommendations to the respective OPC’s and/or implementation managers for an updated status and action plan for all past due recommendations. Additionally, request validation by the OPC’s of the open stock of recommendations identified to ensure timely tracking to closure.
For CCCO Canada Perimeter
· Gather necessary information on a monthly basis to produce the Operational Risk Dashboard for Canada Platform.
· Verify the controls execution for processes executed in Canada.
· Prepare Training to educate the platform around the operational risk themes (Recommendations, Historical Incidents, KRI, KSP …).
· Propose ideas to strengthen the operational risk framework of the Canada platform.
TRAINING AND OCCUPATIONAL EXPERIENCE
University degree - Business or Finance
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS
· Ability to interact with management and staff at all levels
· Tenacity and intellectual curiosity to identify and resolve the root causes of issues.
· Adopt a positive approach, rising to the challenge of stretching objectives and requirements, striving to achieve them within agreed deadlines and standards.
· Add value through automation and working autonomously.
· Act on own initiative; actively seek to find solutions to problems.
· Proficiency in productivity tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, BI & workflow)
analytical skills and end user technical skills and a practical approach to
A recruitment policy that promotes equity and diversity:
Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
We pride ourselves in applying non-discrimination rules to all our recruitments.
We will only contact the candidates selected who meet the job requirements in terms of training and experience.
About BNP Paribas
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 73 countries, with more than 195,000 employees, including more than 148,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the leader in consumer lending. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail-banking model in Mediterranean countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
About BNP Paribas in Canada
In Canada, BNP Paribas is one of the dominant foreign banks in the country and is committed to building its platform even further. Since becoming the operational hub for the Group’s activities in North America in 2013, it has grown significantly to reach more than 700 employees and is expected to continue growing in the coming years. With the continued development of technology and financial fields, BNP Paribas Canada continues to attract experts with diverse backgrounds as well as young and ambitious talent from across the globe. With the international mobility and capacity that very few companies can offer, BNP Paribas prides itself in providing a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow.