At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Responsible for reviewing, preparing, and mailing titling documents on paid off consumer loans/leases to the customer, 3rd party or other financial institution. Responsible for tracking for lien placement on new titles for incoming active accounts. Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to: researching and processing maintenance transactions to resolve issues from customer or branch inquiries including by phone, in written communications and in work orders.
Essential Job Functions
- Prepares documents for lien release ensuring that the documents satisfy Bank's internal policies and external regulations.
- Prepares and ensures that lien release documents are prepared and executed in a timely manner to be in compliance with regulatory or state laws and Bank policy.
- Follows up with internal and external clients for outstanding items or to ensure documents are properly filed or recorded.
- Processes the following maintenance transactions ensuring compliance with the Bank's policies and applicable regulations: Manages for outstanding titles/UCC's (Uniform Commercial Code) via the Collateral Management System (CMS) and Lien Solutions to ensure timely lien placement. Contacts appropriate agencies on an as needed basis to assist with the placement of the lien.
- Processes the following miscellaneous items in accordance with bank policies: Files UCC continuation on expiring liens, completes UCC updates to ensure compliance with pledged Borrower in Custody (BIC) files, researches miscellaneous loan requests to assist in the placement of the lien.
Other Job Duties
- Provides additional support to other back office groups as needed.
- Mails documents to the appropriate buyer. Updates and/or follows up on tickler, exception or missing items.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED Required
- S1 - None Requires limited job knowledge of systems and procedures. Follows basic work routines and standards.
Typically does not require prior experience.
- Requires basic customer service skills.
- Knowledge of MS Windows and MS Office software, including Word and Excel.
- Attention to details.
- Ability to be a team player.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Requires extensive work on the telephone with use of headset, and computer data entry and inquiry.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.