At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Responsible for providing high quality customer service by processing customer service transactions efficiently and accurately and uncovering referral opportunities for bank products or services. Maintains operational quality and standards on an ongoing basis. Teller is an entry level transition role for Universal Banker position. It provides an opportunity to develop skills required for a Universal Banker.
Essential Job Functions
- Processes customer transactions accurately of all deposits, transfers, withdrawals, and other transactions in accordance with bank policies, procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Engages customers in conversations to identify qualified referral opportunities for Bank products and services.
- Assists customers with technology in the branch and proactively shares digital options via multiple self-service channels.
- Accountable for individual goals and contributions to increase branch sales, revenues and customer experience.
- High School Diploma or GED Required
- S1 - None Requires limited job knowledge of systems and procedures. Follows basic work routines and standards. Typically does not require advanced education and requires no prior experience. Prefer prior customer contact experience.
- Building knowledge of bank deposits, services and regulatory requirements.
- Good customer service skills that include verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to understand and demonstrate digital tools, such as enrolling in online banking, online bill pay, remote deposits, etc.
- Collaborative, teamwork and relationship building skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- Ability to multi-task effectively and take on more responsibility while cross training systems and Universal Banker activities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.