Technology Lifecycle Management Architect
At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
The Technology Lifecycle Management Architect will assist with analyzing Bank of the West technology stack (applications, systems, platforms, infrastructure) and developing a architectural roadmap toward reducing technology complexity and rationalization of technology and application stacks. The Architect will be responsible for developing the roadmap applications architectures in line with business needs and target bank architectures.
Essential Job Functions
- Define strategic vision of the enterprise through the integration of IT architecture solutions, complex design patterns, technical strategy and blueprints which forms the basis for application architecture across the enterprise
- Define complex architectural strategy and direction of multiple and diverse application /data/network disciplines on a variety of multi-platform systems
- Develops company business system architecture plans and reviews cost and feasibility of system requests while ensuring the plan supports the strategic needs of the company
- Develop highly complex solutions that exemplifies quality optimization in regards to reliability, availability, scalability, manageability, flexibility, usability /reusability and high performance
- Deliver Architecture solutions in a Banking and/or Financial Services environment at the highest-level technical expertise
- Provides high level mentoring to other Enterprise Architects by educating them on complex architecture approach across their respective business domains
- Create and present technical information in order to influence and gain the understanding of business as well as technical roles across the organization
- Lead Enterprise Architects to provide effective consulting on complex projects including RFP technical evaluations for assigned business domain
- Lead multifunctional teams in successful application of methodologies and architecture modeling tool
- Engage with business domains to initiate/lead the engagement after analysis to develop target reference architecture, technical roadmap, strategy and blueprints
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 5-10 years in a Technology Architecture or Technology Leadership capacity
- Experience demonstrating a strong understanding of complex product and solution design and development principles.
- Experience and knowledge of financial services (preferred)
- - Banking products and technology
- - Bank processes (business process, regulatory needs)
- - Banking applications
- Strong knowledge of leading SDLC practices
- Knowledge and experience with various application architecture principles
- Knowledge of Cybersecurity methodologies and practices
- Knowledge and understanding and leading technology architecture practices, methods, tools, and approaches for designing future state architectures
- Strong personal and professional initiative with a focus on the success of the team and organization
- BA/BS preferred in Computer Science or related field
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.