At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth
Job Description Summary
The IT Financial Analyst will assist with various business process analysis activities and documentation activities supporting the TLM (Technology Lifecycle Management)/ APM (Asset Performance Management) program. The analyst will assist with the development of the TLM / APM methodologies and frameworks, documentation of framework and governance processes including preparing presentation materials for stakeholders and upper management. The analyst will be responsible for business analysis needed to justify changes needed to our application stack including; financial analysis, business case development, business strategy alignment, and creating alignment with various business and technology stakeholders.
Essential Job Functions
Other Job Duties
- Primary liaison with business partners, development team and technology. Acts as the "Subject Matter Expert" (SME) and provides business knowledge as needed.
- Identifies, integrates, and manages required internal and external resources to provide business solutions for groups most complex business issues, while able to manage multiple complex projects simultaneously. Develops and implements detailed project plan.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge and experience with business analysis techniques and processes
- Expert experience in preparing presentation materials for governance processes and business stakeholders
- Strong documentation management experience in preparing various artifacts for governance activities and alignment objectives
- 5-10 years in a Technology or Business Analyst role
- BA/BS preferred in Business / Finance / Accounting or equivalent
- Some experience in banking or financial services preferred
- Strong data analysis skills with experience in Asset Management, Capitalization, Total Cost of Ownership. Profit/Loss
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills with ability to create dashboards
- Strong attention to detail and experience in representing complex issues based on comprehensive analysis in a holistic and understandable manner.
- Prior experience working with large implementation projects.
- Must have solid organizational skills, with the ability to handle complex projects in a multi-tasking environment and meet deadlines with quality results.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-Arizona-TempeJob Type: Full-timeJob: Accounting Finance