At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.Job Description Summary
The Technology Lifecycle Business Analyst will assist with various business process analysis activities and documentation activities supporting the TLM / APM program. The analyst will assist with the development of the TLM / APM methodologies and frameworks, documentation of framework and governance processes including preparing presentation materials for stakeholders and upper management. The analyst will be responsible for business analysis needed to justify changes needed to our application stack including; financial analysis, business case development, business strategy alignment, and creating alignment with various business and technology stakeholders.Essential Job Functions
Other Job Duties
- Responsible for relaying information to the Technology team in easily understood terms for both technology and business.
- Liaise with the business, development team and technology on an ongoing basis. Responsible for effective communication to all business partners and users to ensure that critical strategic decisions are vetted and well thought out prior to implementation.
- Evaluate data gathered from multiple servicing and other source systems reconcile differences, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to understand and distinguish optional user requests from what is required.
- Conduct user acceptance testing as it relates to the technology solutions.
- Work independently with users to define concepts and under direction of project managers.
- Advises and leads in the planning and implementation of projects and strategic initiatives for the business unit/department.
- Drives business team members to define business needs through utilization of effective elicitation techniques.
- Evaluates data gathered from multiple sources, reconciles differences, and ensures consistent approaches, data interpretation, and results measurements are employed.
- Primary liaison with business partners, development team and technology. Acts as the "Subject Matter Expert" (SME) and provides business knowledge as needed.
- Identifies, integrates, and manages required internal and external resources to provide business solutions for groups most complex business issues, while able to manage multiple complex projects simultaneously. Develops and implements detailed project plan.
- Will form part of a project team and will be expected to interact with the team on a daily basis.
- Will report to a manager in the business line.
- Initiates the design and implementation of the operational and technical aspects of the project plans and develops and supports programming requests to meet project goals through discussion with project stakeholders.
- Oversees test and project task development and implementation.
- Evaluates and provides written and verbal updates on project status.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 5-10 years in a Technology or Business Analyst role
- Experience and knowledge of financial services (preferred)
- - Banking products and technology
- - Bank processes (business process, regulatory needs)
- - Banking applications
- Knowledge and experience with business analysis techniques and processes
- Expert experience in preparing presentation materials for governance processes and business stakeholders
- Strong documentation management experience in preparing various artifacts for governance activities and alignment objectives
- BA/BS preferred in Business / Finance / Computer Science or equiv
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- Field of Experience – Job-specific knowledge requirements An ideal candidate will have-.
- Strong SQL skills.
- Some experience in retail and wholesale banking and a working knowledge of Bank's loan products.
- Very good understanding of software delivery lifecycle with focus on requirement management and business analysis.
- Experience in process mapping / process flows / process modeling required.
- Strong attention to detail and experience in representing complex issues based on comprehensive analysis in a holistic and understandable manner.
- Prior experience working with large implementation projects.
- Must have solid organizational skills, with the ability to handle complex projects in a multi-tasking environment and meet deadlines with quality results.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts..
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-Arizona-TempeJob Type: Full-timeJob: Accounting Finance