Paribas CIB Spain is currently looking to add a Procurement
Officer [OGR1] to join our team
Reporting to the Head of Procurement, this role would suit someone who’s interested in pursuing a career within Procurement. Useful business knowledge could include understanding of how certain divisions operate and the services / providers they are dependant on (e.g. Facilities, HR, operations, IT…etc.).
The role will provide you with exposure to a range of indirect areas of spend along with regular opportunities to develop both your negotiation and supplier management skills.
- Support and/or lead sourcing process e.g. Requests for Quotation (RFQs) / Requests for Proposal (RFPs including respective supplier segmentation and due diligence) for specific initiatives in a variety of procurement categories
- Manage third party risks and compliance procedures and controls
- Negotiate advantageous terms and conditions, creating value for cost effectiveness, higher quality and more flexibility
- Develop and implement initiatives for cost optimization, supplier consolidation, simplification, service delivery / quality improvements, process efficiency and value increase
- Deliver short term tactical cost savings whilst supporting the wider objective of building a sustainable Procurement strategy
- Build effective relationships with key stakeholders through proactive engagement, collaborative working practices and a lean and flexible approach to work. Specifically work in close alignment with the global procurement team and all procurement members within the territory
Skills & Experience
- University degree and a minimum of 5 years of professional experience
- Highly proficient in spoken and written English
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Good level of IT literacy with knowledge of new digital tools and trends
· Ability to make effective and persuasive presentations to employees, top management and/or public groups.
- Strong commercial, analytical and project management skills
- Excellent stakeholder management skills, with the ability to influence senior stakeholders across the business
- Strong negotiation and supplier management skills
- Takes ownership of projects to optimal conclusion.
- Ability to work practically and with agility in a changing environment.
- Desirable Indirect Procurement experience and/or specific knowledge in respective procurement categories (e.g. HR, Engineering, Operations, Facilities, Finance…etc.)
- Experience in sourcing and procurement processes