At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Responsible for drafting, editing and/or re-writing policies and procedures for use across the bank's business lines. Performs analysis and researches on functions, processes and products to ensure content synchronization and coordination among multiple subject matter experts, and/or business units. Responsible for coordinating timely revision and annual review of policies, procedures, or processes. Provides support on various Business Group related initiatives and projects, with strong emphasis on written documentation to support business goals and strategies.
Essential Job Functions
- Develops the written content and provides editing support for the business line, or various other communications related to business line and resources for the business lines related reference material. Ensures written content meets all Federal and State requirements and meets Bank standards, policies, procedures, and best practices.
- Segregates Corporate level policies and procedures from those belonging at Division/Department level. Scope includes every lending category offered by the Bank (Consumer, Commercial, Construction, SBA, Speciality), as well as related Regulatory/Compliance matters.
- Prepares materials for review by Executive Management prior to approval and publication.
- Plans and prioritizes multiple projects with tight deadlines. Works independently on multiple tasks and projects within multiple team environments. Addresses project issues and concerns requiring resolution in a timely and professional manner. Prepares, provides, and communicates project status to staff and management.
- Partners with bank's group/division managers to oversee the resolution of complex working problems; assists with development of training materials for managers and lending staff on the research and systems used.
- Develops, conducts, reviews, and edits business process change controls and/or procedures to ensure consistency, quality , and accuracy.
- Partners with other business units such as PMO, Compliance, RBG, CBG, NFG, WMG, etc., to ensure accuracy and appropriateness of content related to new and/or updated initiatives.
- May support or manage various projects from conception to completion as assigned to support Divisional and Corporate initiatives; may include acting as business analyst and/or business resource coordinator for various projects.
- Provides editing support to other teams as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires advanced knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- May have practical knowledge of project management.
- Requires 5 years minimum prior relevant experience.
- Bachelor's Degree Communications, English, Journalism, or related field
- Good knowledge of Basel II, Commercial Compliance and Regulatory matters.
- Thorough understanding of banking, financial topics and trends.
- Demonstrated strong capabilities in written communication.
- Planning, presentation and organization capabilities.
- Excellent research and interpersonal skills.
- Good knowledge MS SharePoint preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.