About the job
- The STFS Lisbon team has as primary mission to leverage the Stress-Testing platform of the Bank for internal and external usages such as Stress Testing, IFRS9, Budget, Climate S/T and Internal Capital production activities. Besides the production and analyses for regulators and internal clients, the team also participates to transformation projects linked to our processes.
- The team focus on a large extent on Credit risk while managing several processes on transversal risks.
- The STFS Lisbon unit has two teams: the Stress Testing methodologies and models team (STMM) and the Stress Testing Data Analytics team (STDA). Both teams work in a one-team spirit with their counterparts in Paris and are integrated in the STFS Global team.
- The team is looking for an experienced supervisor on Data Analytics activities in STFS, with exposure to Basel standards (Credit risk data) and contemporary IT platform.
- The successful candidate will have the opportunity to
- Develop knowledge of Stress Testing activities and connect to other RISK / Finance domains both in Paris and Lisbon
- Exposure and visibility towards numerous leaders in STFS and outside of STFS
- Have an exhaustive view on BNP PARIBAS credit risk activities
- Work in a dynamic environment with frequently changing requirements and new challenges
Your Main Activities Are
- The objective for this role is to design, maintain and operate the project management for the STFS Lisbon team, liaising with the process owners in Lisbon and ensuring a strong link with the Project teams in Paris
- Act as Project Manager for new projects launched on the RISK data platform
- Act as watchtower for the production (Credit, Internal Capital, Local Stress Test, etc.)
- Analyst of reports based on large datasets in a big data environment, using the STFS library and DataViz tools, from data to model output
- Develop new analysis tools and optimize the STFS processes, communication of results
- Preparation and leading committees for Stress Tests results, with entities / main stakeholders in RISK and Finance, organizing inspection mission for STFS Lisbon
- Regularly exchange with the Stress Testing platform IT team, foster the use of DataViz platform communication tools to internal clients, data collection with entities, Data Quality issues identification and monitoring
- Ensure a full respect of permanent control principles, enhance the control plans, share the conclusions with the main stakeholders while following up of actions raised from each exercises
- Support the team leaders on the onboarding processes, accesses and training material for the new joiners
Profile and Skills to Success
- To be successful in this role, the candidate should meet the following requirements
- Strong academic record in Business or Engineering
- 5 – 7 years of professional experience in project management / consulting in a Data / Models / Stress Tests environment
- Experience working in a highly scrutinized environment where adhesion to regulations is essential
- Knowledge of banking regulations, namely for Credit Risk and regulatory Stress Tests
- IT coding languages / DataViz is a plus
- Languages: fluent in English, French is a plus
- Ability to work with tight deadlines and multidisciplinary teams
- Mastery of project management methodologies and tools
- Strong attention to details: needs to be the “go-to person” for project progress, task status, communication of analyses output, resources plans and schedules
- Client oriented
- In addition, the candidate should have the following essential behavioral skills
- Effective and clear communication / presentation skills
- Analytical skills
- Creativity & Innovation skills; Be a problem solver, Result oriented
- Excellent organizational skills
- Be a team player
- Open and client-oriented mindset
- Autonomy & Adaptability
- Strong curiosity
- This role will expose the candidate to a wide range of Risk and Finance professionals within the bank. Therefore, communication skills, both written and verbal, play an essential part in the day-to-day role.
About the Team
- The team named STFS, for Stress Testing and Financial Simulations, coordinates the strengthening of BNP Paribas’ Stress-Testing (S/T) and planning capabilities to better serve Business Lines, Legal Entities and Group needs and meet supervisory requirement on these matters, and in a cost-efficient manner
- To that effect, STFS aims at building a flexible, industrialized, central utility accessible by BNP Paribas’ Business Lines and Entities for their local needs and their contribution to Group exercises
- STFS offers an integrated Stress Testing service to Business and Entities to support them in capitalizing on the shared framework for their local needs
- STFS is also responsible for executing all Group-wide, comprehensive stress testing exercises, whether regulatory or internal
- STFS supports Business and Entities in their Stress-Testing initiatives to ensure consistency with group standards while respecting local regulatory and supervisory requests
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions:
- Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines;
- Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services;
- Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional clients.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
- Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
- Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.