Technical Product Support Engineer
Technical Product Support Engineer
BNP Paribas is a leading European bank with an international reach. It has a presence in 72 countries, with more than 202,000 Employees – including more than 154,000 in Europe and over 5,000 in Portugal alone.
BNP Paribas is present in Portugal since 1985, having been one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, BNP Paribas has several entities operating directly in this territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
Worldwide, the Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporate and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
BNP Paribas has engaged on a transformation of Group Finance operating model and decided to create Group Finance Services (GFS) in Portugal, as a response to an increase in regulatory evolutions. GFS is a reporting and servicing centre, which covers a broad range of Finance activities for Group Finance and other métiers and entities within BNP Paribas worldwide.
Launched in 2016, GFS has quickly become a reference in the field, thanks to the expertise developed. It aims at further establishing itself as a front line player by leading the way to innovation in financial services methodologies.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Collaborate with Product Owner/Project Managers to ensure the best support model for each project /product
· Provide technical support to the team on different technical tools and setups
· Conduct daily ETL job checks and take the necessary actions with production & functional support teams
· Participate in project code reviews before release
· Contribute to the integrity of the infrastructure setup (define priorities, efficiently create, track the progress of several issues)
· Enhance the current platform functionalities, leveraging on cutting edge tools
· Bachelor or Master Degree with a technical major, such as Engineering, Computer Science or related fields
· 2+ years of development experience in the IT industry preferably in the Business Intelligence & Data engineering domains
· Work Experience in the development, deployment & support of large scale data lake / warehouse / business intelligence implementations
· Experience in handling variety of data sources with large volumes
· Strong experience in performance tuning of ETL jobs, reporting solutions
· Experience in automating the some of the support activities
· Experience in deploying BI solutions
· Experience in development, support of Big Data ecosystem (hive, spark) is an added advantage
· In-depth technical and hands-on skills in:
o Relational DBMS
o Programming Languages
o ETL/analytical tools
o Reporting tools
- Fluent English
Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.