In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 18,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 68 markets with more than 193,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
* excluding partnerships
At BNP Paribas, we passionately embrace diversity and are committed to fostering an inclusive workplace where all employees are valued, respected and can bring their authentic selves to work. We prohibit Discrimination and Harassment of any kind and our policies promote equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants, irrespective of, but not limited to their gender, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, ethnicity, race, colour, national origin, age, religion, social status, mental or physical disabilities, veteran status etc. As a global Bank, we truly believe that inclusion and diversity of our teams is key to our success in serving our clients and the communities we operate in.
APAC FRESH is dedicated to the design, build, implementation and business support of IT solutions to service the needs of FINANCE and RISK functions, achieved by retaining highly skilled, functional and technical experts that work in active, continuous collaboration.
Our team, APAC FRESH Local Regulatory Reporting Project and Solution, aims to strengthen the regulatory reporting platform of all APAC locations, by leveraging the regional knowledge (data management, reporting tools, and regulatory practices) to mitigate local regulatory risk in cost efficient manner.
To fulfill the dynamic regulatory requirements, the team has grown to have around 40 members. We are constituted of diversified profiles in building the synergy; Software engineer, business analyst, data manager & project manager are worked closely with collaborative & innovative culture, supported by the latest technology and management approach.
The in-house platform, Flexel, is a highly flexible and user-friendly Regulatory Reporting Platform, supporting 700+ Finance and Operation’s regulatory reports across 9 countries. The wide spectrum of reports include but not limited to - Balance Sheet, P&L, Large Exposure, Granular Data Repository, BASEL III reporting (e.g. LCR) and that makes up the massive user community.
Regional Regulatory Reporting Projects:
• Transform business needs into high quality system architecture and design
• To perform data analysis, data modelling & process automation to support the business case
• Develop and streamline the regulatory reporting process using workflow tools (e.g. Alteryx)
• Participate in code review & improvements, testing (e.g. SIT & UAT), support
• To prepare system documentation (e.g. technical / function spec, user guide)
System transformation, Process Reengineering and Platform Development:
• To contribute on platform transformation, system module design & development
• Design and develop robust, performant software components to support future regulatory reporting platform, across full SDLC including architectural design, development, testing and support
• Design and implement long-term strategic goals and short-term tactical solution for managing and maintaining systems and software
• Provide technology ideas and approaches on functional and technical level, considering both the trend and best practices in the industry and standard and strategy of BNPP
• Hands-on development on both front end and back end
• Create and manage a governance to review and uplift the quality and security of code
• Provide level 3 support to resolve production incident raised by end user or by IT frontline support
• Identify the root cause of the incident by applying sound error tracing technics
Assistance to project management
• To put in place and maintain the projects documentation
• To ensure regular and efficient communication within the project team and to the stakeholders
• Coordinate the contributions from the various parties to ensure the planning is followed
• Ensure escalations are made timely to avoid unnecessary time/budget slippage
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
Essential Knowledge/Skills :
• Good understanding of general banking operations, applications and front to back framework
• Excellent communication skills in English (verbal/written) and interpersonal skills
• Proven experience in reporting systems or data-warehouse development project on large-scale multi-region applications (preferably financial or regulatory domain). Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms and enterprise architectures.
• Solid backgrounds in finance function with a good understanding of accounting terms, processes, instruments and transactions.
• Practical knowledge of modern workflow tools and BI tools (e.g. Alteryx, Tableau, PowerBI)
• Solid understanding of database design, SQL/ TSQL, data structure & data modelling with at least one major database technology (Oracle preferred) and best practices associated.
• Relevant experience relating to DevOps practices and tooling
• Quick learner, self-initiative and good team player
• Sense of ownership to tasks assigned and commit to deadlines under pressure
• Analytical, lateral thinker, attentive to details and result-oriented person
• Project management skills demonstrated on large and complex project would be an advantage
• Fluency in English (verbal/written) and with good communication & interpersonal skills
Qualifications and Experiences:
• Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Data Analytics or any other related subjects
• Minimum of 10 years’ technical experience in Banking or Financial Industry, preferably Finance / Risk / IT area
• Experiences in project management, data analysis, system implementation project
Other Preferred Competencies (not mandatory):
• PMP, Scrum Master, Agile or other related project certificates
• Financial industry, regulatory/ financial reporting exposure
• CFA or other related professional certificates