About BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas is a top-ranking bank in Europe with an international profile. It operates in 71 countries and has almost 199 000 employees. The Group ranks highly in its three core areas of activity: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail banking networks and financial services are grouped together under Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, centred on corporate and institutional clients. The Group helps all of its clients (retail, associations, businesses, SMEs, large corporates and institutional) to implement their projects by providing them with services in financing, investment, savings and protection. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas enjoys leading positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas and has a solid and fast-growing network in the Asia/Pacific region.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas SA, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Bengaluru, Chennai and Mumbai, we are a 24x7 global delivery center. India Solutions services three business lines: Corporate and Institutional Banking, Investment Solutions and Retail Banking for BNP Paribas across the Group. Driving innovation and growth, we are harnessing the potential of over 6000 employees, to provide support and develop best-in-class solutions.
About Business line/Function :
Global Banking IT is mainly for Corporate Clients. Global Banking IT mainly covers Payments and Cash Management, Trade Finance, Corporate Deposits and Lending business. We are around 700 Employees based in BNP Paribas India Solutions covering Development, Business Analysis, Testing and Production Support. We works for Asia, Europe, and America region.
Project STORM within Global Banking IT aims at developing a payment capture system.
Java Sr. Tech lead
Global Banking IT
Business Line / Function:
Global Banking IT
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
The position is for Java Tech Lead within the Dev team of Project STORM responsible for development of a payment capture system. Candidate will act as an individual contributor along with technically leading the team.
- Work with geographically distributed Agile Scrum teams for designing and implementation
- Work on the end-to-end solution in a performance testing capacity.
- Support during all the phases of development.
- Team player
- Effectively communicate work and delivery status
- Adhere to timelines set for delivery
- Open to new technology adaptation, learning and implementation within the project.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
- Web communication: XML, JSON, RESTful Web service/Micro-services
- JAVA EE, Spring MVC, Spring Boot
- Experience in core java V8 and advanced java (JDBC, Collections, Serialization, Memory management)
- Strong experience in Object Oriented concepts
- JPA with Hibernate
- Knowledge RDBMS specifically Oracle & SQL skills
- Good understanding of GIT and Maven
- Experience in UI development using Angular
- Understanding of Agile Workflow
Good to have
- Build and Deployment automation (Jenkins, Sonar)
- Shell scripting(Linux/Unix)
- Angular application testing with karma + Jasmine
Specific Qualifications (if required)
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4 skills)
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Creativity & Innovation / Problem solving
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Ability to anticipate business / strategic evolution
Ability to develop others & improve their skills
Ability to develop and leverage networks
Bachelor Degree or equivalent
At least 8 years
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)