Technical Business Analyst - IT
We are looking for a Business Analyst with a technical background to work in our IT department within BNP Paribas Real Estate. The role is situated within our Software Development function and will work alongside an existing team of Developers and IT Project Managers to help deliver small system enhancements through to large scale multi-functional and cross-platform projects.
BNP Paribas Real Estate is a one-of-a-kind real estate specialist business, with multiple business lines dealing with all things real estate from residential and commercial property sales, property facilities and management through to farmland and country estate advice and management. This role will be responsible for supporting the technical analysis and delivery of all applications across all business lines and no two days will be the same.
The role will report to the Head of Business Systems and work as a facilitator of system change between the various business lines and IT, responsible for establishing and refining requirements, co-ordinating tasks with various resources and supporting the testing and release processes.
- Strong MS Office skills; Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Excellent at utilising process mapping in analysis and using appropriate tools (i.e. Visio)
- Proficient at producing proof-of-concepts and wireframes for suggested solutions
- Ability to engage and communicate proactively and effectively at all levels of the business
- Highly skilled in writing technical and functional design documentation
- Skilled at creatively eliciting and interpreting requirements through various methods
- 5+ years-experience in a Business Analyst role writing requirements and specifications for a range of development and testing teams (onshore, offshore, software house, in-house, contractor, agile, waterfall)
- Ability to use SQL to provide analysis on data within application databases
- Knowledge and experience of Dynamics 365 or similar ERP / CRM platforms
- BPMN/UML type diagrammatic experience
- Experience within a financial services, real estate or commercial markets industry
- Experience of task and defect tracking tools such as Jira
- IIBA, ECBA, CCBA, CBAP
- PRINCE2 Foundation/Practitioner
(or experience of delivering change/projects under a similar controlled methodology)
The role will be predominantly based in our head office at 5 Aldermanbury Square, which is a 6 minute walk from Moorgate tube station.
We also have another key London office in Hill Street, Mayfair – as well as other offices in Birmingham and Chelmsford, and dotted all over the country. This role will be required to travel on the odd occasion to other offices as and when required.