In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 17,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 73 markets with more than 196,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you’re valued as part of the team.
* excluding partnerships
The main purpose of the team is to ensure timely, consistent and exhaustive transaction & positions regulatory reporting under APAC jurisdictions, such as HKMA, MAS, ASIC, SEBI etc for both Equities and Fixed Income products. The team is also the single point for regional Operations on new Regulatory initiatives.
The purpose of the position is to achieve the team’s goal through daily routine control measure and contribute to implementation of new control framework in order to minimize operational risk and comply with the regulatory requirements. Proactive monitoring & analysis on requests from external regulators & internal stakeholders (business, compliance, IT) are expected for this position.
- Setup procedures and controls to minimize the operational risk on regulatory reporting.
- Enhance existing controls to streamline existing process and improve control efficiency and accuracy.
- Prepare data for specific surveys requested by Central banks and regulators.
- Send regular updates to the ITO management, Compliance and Front Office on the status of the different initiatives.
- Define test cases, validate user testing and follow up with IT on new releases for upcoming regulatory projects
- Managing the HK reporting team, provide closely interaction & governance to offshore reporting team to ensure process are well performed & issues are escalated on time.
- Provide estimations & manage expectations from Business, compliance as per own team resources & IT constraints.
- Participate in industry working groups and conferences to be well aware of the latest development and ensure that our setup is robust
- Review and propose improvements on the reporting currently managed by other departments on ad hoc basis to ensure the process is in line with the regional standard
- Provide justifications & rational from Operations perspective.in helping IT to prioritize on different enhancements which affect regulatory reporting.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
- Strong communication skills in managing & liaising with business/compliance on new requirements.
- Strong knowledge of Fixed income products and OTC trade reporting requirements
- Knowledge in Front to Back workflows and product event management is a plus
- Strong knowledge on Data Managing tools (Alteryx, Python), Excel skill, automation or script writing (e.g. VBA) is a plus.
- Strong sense of compliance and risk control
- Attention to detail and accuracy imperative
Primary Location: HK-Hong Kong (HK)-Hong KongJob Type: Standard / PermanentJob: OPERATION PROCESSINGEducation Level: Bachelor Degree or equivalent (>= 3 years)Experience Level: At least 5 years
Behavioural competency: Decision Making, Ability to deliver / Results driven, Attention to detail / rigor, Personal Impact / Ability to influenceTransversal competency: Ability to understand, explain and support change, Ability to anticipate business / strategic evolution, Ability to develop and adapt a process , Analytical Ability