About BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas is a top-ranking bank in Europe with an international profile. It operates in 71 countries and has almost 199 000 employees. The Group ranks highly in its three core areas of activity: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail banking networks and financial services are grouped together under Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, centered on corporate and institutional clients. The Group helps all of its clients (retail, associations, businesses, SMEs, large corporate and institutional) to implement their projects by providing them with services in financing, investment, savings and protection. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas enjoys leading positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas and has a solid and fast-growing network in the Asia/Pacific region.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas SA, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Bengaluru, Chennai and Mumbai, we are a 24x7 global delivery center. India Solutions services three business lines: Corporate and Institutional Banking, Investment Solutions and Retail Banking for BNP Paribas across the Group. Driving innovation and growth, we are harnessing the potential of over 6000 employees, to provide support and develop best-in-class solutions.
About Business line/Function :
Professional Services Procurement provides sourcing for contingent workers and Managed Services for ISPL. The unit has its operations in Mumbai and Chennai. It has other functions like Invoicing, Asset Procurement, Non-IT procurement.
Team Lead Sourcing
Chennai / Mumbai
Business Line / Function:
ISPL Procurement Services Offshore Head
CIB NAR Sourcing Services Lead
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
This position is for a role of a Team Lead Sourcing (Sourcing Specialist) within Procurement department to support the onshore Sourcing manager in execution of their Sourcing initiatives.
The desired candidate must have 7 years of relevant experience in the area of Sourcing & Procurement domain. Self-Motivated & Confident individual with a very high positive attitude offering a unique blend of expertise grounded in theory and practice like Procurement and Sourcing Analysis, Data Analytics & Procurement Operations. They will be supporting North America (NAR) Procurement team in their sourcing initiatives; Activities ranging from release of RF(x) documents to consolidating responses, Analysing responses to providing feedback on the exercise to facilitate decision-making by the Procurement team in choosing the appropriate vendor.
- Lead the ISPL Sourcing Team with a functional report to the CIB NAR Sourcing Services Lead.
- Support Business in addressing their operational & capital requirements through sourcing projects; Act as a PMO in facilitation & coordination of activities related to projects between business & Procurement team
- Support Procurement team in medium to low complexity sourcing projects for NAR (US & Canada) region, with focus on IT, Professional Services and Corporate Services categories.
- Develop and manage the execution of sourcing initiatives (across functions), including data gathering and analysis, Assist in supplier qualification, preparation of Requests for Information (RFIs), Requests for Proposal (RFPs), Request for Quotation (RFQs),
- Utilize analytical expertise to perform spend & contract analysis to determine baseline numbers / benchmarks for vendor evaluations
- Engage broadly across lines of business to gather & consolidate requirements, which will assist procurement team to use consolidated volumes as a negotiation lever with vendors
- Perform market analysis - Support procurement projects with in-depth knowledge of their commodity industry. Research & provide all the information & data that will help procurement to understand the ins and outs of the commodity to know how to effectively source a product / service, knowledge of all key players and suppliers in the industry
- Facilitate vendor selection through RF(x) processes; Consolidate vendor responses and provide preliminary analysis to the Procurement team
- Provide necessary insights on the RF(x) event & the outcome of the analysis to facilitate decision making on vendor selection
- Reporting & communication to internal stakeholders
- Performance tracking of suppliers in order to ensure continual improvement in sourcing
- Facilitate vendor review meetings to provide everyone involved in the forum to voice out their concerns
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
- Proficiency in MS Excel & MS PowerPoint applications
- Strong knowledge of MS Office Products and SharePoint
- Data Analysis and preparing management presentations and presenting to them
- Good Report creating skills
- Prior knowledge of P2P tools or ERP systems is a plus
- Managerial and interpersonal skills to successfully collaborate with various teams of professionals and liaise with internal and external groups/ individuals, regionally and globally
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starter & motivated
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Actively seeking to further knowledge through training and experience
- Experience working successfully in a multicultural and international environment
- Very strong work ethic and ability to deal with confidential information
- The ability to identify risks and develop appropriate responses
- Attention to detail, manage multiple undertakings at the same time and focus on priorities
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with different stakeholders, vendors & business
Specific Qualifications (if required)
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4 skills)
Ability to deliver / Results driven
Attention to detail / rigor
Communication skills - oral & written
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to manage / facilitate a meeting, seminar, committee, training…
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Ability to manage a project
Ability to develop and adapt a process
Bachelor Degree or equivalent
At least 5 years
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)