Team Lead – Senior KYC Office, KYC Operations, Hong Kong
Within BNP Paribas Hong Kong, the KYC Operations team’s is responsible for the KYC due diligence on the clients of the bank for onboarding or recertification.
The team supports the Corporate and Institutional Banking (CIB) business which encompasses diverse métiers and products.
The team is responsible for 3 main activities:
- Execute the onboarding and recertification of clients of the bank in adherence to the Global KYC Policy
Align with internal stake holders to provide clarity on the KYC file during such process
Provide support on dashboarding, change and data quality management
The responsibilities of this role will be focused primarily on ensuring the day-to-day execution of the onboarding or recertification of the files within the team. This needs to be done in strict adherence to the relevant policies and procedures to deliver the KYC files with a high standard of quality. This role will also assist the Head of the team in executing other adhoc tasks as required by the head of the team. The team itself sits within the validation cycle of the KYC file and is required to be in close co-ordination with compliance, relationship managers and other senior stakeholders.
- Oversee the day-to-day functions of the team to ensure that high standard of quality is delivered by the Senior KYC Office team in accordance to the team’s mandates.
Continuously educate, coach and keep the team informed of any changes in the bank’s KYC policy and provide guidance to the team as necessary on any change aspect of the team.
Coach, support and mentor members in the team on any day-to-day difficulties.
Is accountable for the KPI of the team.
Ensure the team’s vetting of the client’s KYC file adheres to the bank’s KYC policy at all times.
Ensure there is a continuous and smooth communication with the relationship managers, compliance department and senior stakeholders during the vetting of the KYC file.
Monitor the team’s throughput during the lifecycle of the KYC processes and raise alerts whenever the throughput does not meet the predefined internal SLA.
Participate to the vetting of the KYC file whenever necessary
Ensure timely escalation and own proposed course of actions to line management to address identified risks and blocking points during such processes.
- Embrace continuous changes and challenges; handle various initiatives and ad-hoc projects as assigned by line management.
- Work in close and continuous collaboration with other team members and stakeholders to achieve predefined objectives and resolve any issues during daily tasks.
- Keep accurate track record of all assigned requests; from receipt through execution of requests.
- Major clients including Corporate Coverages, Commodity Finance, Investment Banking, Transaction Banking, Financial Institutional Coverages, Global Markets products [e.g. Equities, Fixed Income, Foreign Exchange, Commodities Index Trading (CIT), CIT Metals, CIT Repo, and Commodities Futures Trading].
- Lead and participate to various change management initiatives as required by line manager to deliver changes/quality output with respect to operational processes, policies, data quality, regulatory mandates and the department’s strategies.
- Identify, analyze, report and explore proposed course of actions to line management in relation to production, changes in KYC policy and system issues.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Well-developed interpersonal, problem-solving and influencing skills
- Exhibit high willingness to collaborate with all levels of the organization
- Solution driven