About BNP Paribas Group:
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 74 countries with more than 190,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 15,000 employees* and a presence in 14 markets, it provides clients with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs, and continues to develop its franchise in the region.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas Group, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Mumbai and Chennai, we are a 24x7 global delivery center. We partner various business lines of BNP Paribas such as Corporate and Institutional Banking, Wealth Management, Retail Banking through three verticals - Information Technology, Operations and Finance Shared Services.
About Businessline/Function :
Global Market Operations is a global team, incorporated in 4 main platforms (New-York, London, Hong-Kong and Paris) working very closely with Front Office (FO) (Sales and Trading), Back Office, IT, Finance, Risk, Valuations & Risk Control and Process teams.
Its main missions are to support efficiently the Front Office over the core controls performed post trades:
Trade support, Referential & Corporate Events, P&L, Reporting, Control, Confirmation, Back Office and Settlement, Prime Brokerage, Execution and Brokerage
ISPL Global Markets & ALMT Operations
Business Line / Function:
Head of Security Operations
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration
Its primary responsibility is to drive the Security Settlement to ensure a smooth operation for APAC markets and business.
Responsible to manage variety of securities operations including Equity, Listed Derivatives, Bonds, Stock lending and borrowing, REPO, Primer Broker, Convertible Bonds, ETFs, DRS, Structures Notes.
Responsible to develop people in the organization and manage the team with strong leadership.
Position is fully accountable for securities settlements including listed derivative and structured notes in APAC.
Position is expected to be a key contact for business for all matters relating to security settlements.
Teams broadly performs settlement related task but it encompasses multiple activities surrounding settlements.
Key Operational Responsibilities & Contributions
Bring Direct contribution to BNPP operational permanent control framework
Minimize operational failure, including but not exclusively the risk of fraud by helping to devise and by implementing sufficient regular controls
Ensure appropriate escalation to management and/or permanent control (or compliance as appropriate) as soon as an issue is identified.
Comply with internal and external regulatory and compliance requirements
Comply with the BNPP standards of Code of Conduct
Comply with the BNPP IT Security policies
Anti‐Money Laundering / Financial Sanctions “AML/FS”) related duties: Operations are an integral part of the control framework including for AML/FS topics. In that respect, in performing your role you are expected to ensure adherence to AML/FS‐related Group Policies and execution of associated operational controls, and to promptly escalate any resulting hit for analysis and decision.
1- Improve Productivity
· Continue to seek for an opportunity to improve productivity by standardize the process, digitalize and automatize the process.
· Optimize the resource across the organization and location to improve productivity
· Close collaboration with IT
2-Improve client experience
· Ensure organization & process becomes client focus
· Improve turn around time and time to market
· Maintain alignment and close collaboration with business
3- Risk and Process Control
· Minimizing operational failure, including the risk of fraud and implementing sufficient regular controls
· Ensuring appropriate escalation to management and/or Compliance as soon as an issue is identified
· Direct contribution to BNPP operational permanent control framework
· Contribute to the implementation of operational permanent control policies and procedures in day-to-day business activities, such as Control Plan
· Comply with regulatory requirements and internal guidelines
· Contribute to the reporting of all incidents according to the Incident Management System
· Assist in team management, tasks planning
· collaborative & truthful work environment with teams
· Taking full responsibility of team’s actions and ensure to face problems & conflicts to demonstrate courage in team’s management.
Competencies (Technical / Behavioral)
Technical Knowledge and
· Bachelor or Master Degree on Economics, Mathematics or Finance
· Strong knowledge on markets business not limited but including agency business, proprietary trading business, prime broker business, stock lending, borrowing and Repo business
· Basic understanding on IT architecture
Skills and competencies
• Analytical mindset: Aptitude to understand financial pricing is needed as to be able to calculate simulations, forward impact and communicate the results with traders.
• Organized & good resistance to stress: This is a much faced paced dynamic environment with several tasks to be performed at once; therefore excellent time management, proper prioritization and good positive resistance to stress are compulsory.
• Attention to detail: Ability to notice any abnormal processes as well as any unusual dividends or prices for instance when monitoring and reconciling the various market data.
• Innovation and initiatives (Think “outside the box”): Demonstrate willingness to constantly improve the status quo. Understand well the processes in place and evaluate if needed, alternative options to do things better with a cost - benefits / ROI approach.
• Self-discipline & autonomy: Have a constant “delivery on time” mindset, both on the daily production side (SLA on creations per instruments, on dividends updates or on CA instructions for instance) and on the projects handled. Ability to work on its own with little supervision.
• Adaptability & Change Management: Ability to easily adapt to new situations (new booking systems, new products, new activities to manage…) as this is a constant changing environment
• Strong Client Focus: Capacity to work with various clients, especially FO. Need to be sensitive about the rationale of their requests and be proactive when replying to them. Work as partnership while consistently keeping an independent mindset.
• Escalation & Reporting process: Internal rules of reporting and escalation to Ops and FO need to be known & applied. The team member also needs to report any sensitive information/issues and escalate immediately to their management to allow proper time resolution.
Specific Qualifications Required