About BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas is a top-ranking bank in Europe with an international profile. It operates in 71 countries and has almost 199 000 employees. The Group ranks highly in its three core areas of activity: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail banking networks and financial services are grouped together under Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, centred on corporate and institutional clients. The Group helps all of its clients (retail, associations, businesses, SMEs, large corporates and institutional) to implement their projects by providing them with services in financing, investment, savings and protection. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas enjoys leading positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas and has a solid and fast-growing network in the Asia/Pacific region.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas SA, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Bengaluru, Chennai and Mumbai, we are a 24x7 global delivery center. India Solutions services three business lines: Corporate and Institutional Banking, Investment Solutions and Retail Banking for BNP Paribas across the Group. Driving innovation and growth, we are harnessing the potential of over 6000 employees, to provide support and develop best-in-class solutions.
About Businessline/Function :The role is within GM IT E-Commerce Front to Booking Complex Application Production group responsible globally for functional/technical support and project deliveries. ECOMF2BC is responsible for supporting wide range of application that are used in day to day trading activities.
Team Lead/Project Manager
CIB Prod - GM IT APS
Business Line / Function:
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
The role is within GM IT eCommerce Application Production group responsible globally for technical support and project deliveries.
The Production Engineer will be part of a multi-disciplined, providing support to the production elements of the e-Commerce applications. The role is centred on application support, and requires a wide range of technical skills.
Pro-actively monitor, manage and improve availability and performance of the production environments
(from presentation and application layers to middleware and databases)
• Provide main coverage in the “Follow The Sun” support model: perform regular checks and handover to other support teams in Singapore and New York.
• Pro-actively manage the capacity of production applications
• Plan and implement application releases, load tests and configuration changes
• Customize production tools (monitoring, batch scheduling, backups etc.)
•As this is a production support role, focusing across a range of different technologies, candidates must possess the aptitude and desire to learn.
•The Production Engineer will work with other teams to respond to incidents and resolve issues promptly, often under pressure, to restore normal services to the business. Therefore, ability to be on call and provide support out of hours is essential in addition to the early/late shifts.
• Provide feedback and propose solutions to management on performance, capacity
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
Production experience across the following:
• System administration – Strong experience on WebSphere and production support.
• Application servers / middleware – Strong knowledge in configuring and supporting the following on WebSphere/Tomcat/IIS.
• Networks – good understanding of network principles and practical knowledge of load balancing technologies, as F5 Big-IP is essential
• Monitoring – Good and practical experience of some of the following preferable: Geneos, Nagios, Introscope and Dynatrace
• Knowledge of tools like Kibana, Splunk
• Test tools – practical experience of LoadRunner or Jmeter is desirable
• Knowledge of Capital Markets business and environments is essential Desirable IT Skills
• System administration – Exposure to windows servers is added advantage.
• Languages – exposure to JAVA applications is a plus
• Databases – exposure to or skills in SQL Server and Oracle
• Schedulers – exposure to or skills in dollarU
• Understanding of application lifecycle
Specific Qualifications (if required)
Engineering graduate or equivalent
Discover the different professions within BNP Paribas: IT, Tech and Data
BNP Paribas is not just a financial services group. We’re also a tech company. Information systems, data and tools are central to our DNA, and offer a very broad range of career opportunities!Find out more
Why should I apply?
Basically, why would you want to join BNP Paribas over any other company?
BECAUSE YOU'RE THE KIND OF PERSON WHO WANTS...
What if we told you that working in our Group may not be quite what you think? BNP Paribas business lines and careers are constantly evolving to meet the expectations of our clients and society as a whole.
Feeling good about your job means bringing your whole self to work and being who you are. It’s also about having the resources you need to achieve a healthy work-life balance. Both of these are major commitments at BNP Paribas.
At BNP Paribas, developing your skills is as important to us as it is to you. And the skills you learn with us will help you through the rest of your working life.