Team Lead – India Remittances
Job Description - APAC
About BNP Paribas Group:
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 74 countries with more than 190,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 15,000 employees* and a presence in 14 markets, it provides clients with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs, and continues to develop its franchise in the region.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas Group, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Mumbai and Chennai, we are a 24x7 global delivery center. We partner various business lines of BNP Paribas such as Corporate and Institutional Banking, Wealth Management, Retail Banking through three verticals - Information Technology, Operations and Finance Shared Services.
About Business line/Function :
ARPC is catering to different Asian regions to process remittance transactions for various clients. India remittance team is handling back office processing on behalf of 8 branches across 2 sites Mumbai & Chennai.
Team Lead – India Remittances
Asia Regional Processing Centre
Business Line / Function:
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
To manage, monitor and control transaction processing for India Remittance of BNPP with the objective to facilitate smooth functioning of Operations Objectives of BNPPISPL for all the sites handled
1. Operations MANAGEMENT: Supervise processing of India Remittance transactions to ensure that they are accurate, as per the prescribed service delivery standards and as per the SLA with the sites.
2. OPERATIONS RISK MANAGEMENT: Maintain control over outstanding and unreconciled entries. Implement and monitor control plans and pay attention to risk related areas in operations.
3. COMPLIANCE: Ensure adherence to internal guidelines, compliance, screening, legal and regulatory aspects by the team members.
4. TEAM SUPERVISION &TRAINING: Monitor the performance of the Team members. Provide Training support wherever needed.
1.OPC: Contribute to the Operations Permanent Control framework
2. CUSTOMER SERVICE: Monitor turnaround times, and operational efficiency. Resolve customer complaints and queries.
3. CLIENT RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT: Support MO to address ultimate client needs and resolve customer complaints if any.
4. INFORMATION MANAGEMENT: Supervise preparation and submission of MIS and reports to management as required and disseminate information to the Team.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
1. Product Knowledge on Cash Management ( cross border payments )
2. Familiarity with Computer applications, MS Office, Business Objects etc
3. Familiarity with Back Office Operations, Processes and systems.
4. Knowledge on various regulations connected with Banking Operations.
5.Operational Risk awareness
6.Knowledge on Banking Law & Practice
8.Networking & Logistics Management
9.Interpersonal & Team Building Skills
11.Taking Initiative and Risk Management Skills
12.Client Focus and Decision Making Skills
13.Ability to support the teams
14. Crisis Management.
15.Maintaining cordial relationship among the teams
16.Delegating and Developing Others
Specific Qualifications (if required)
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4 skills)
Attention to detail / rigor
Creativity & Innovation / Problem solving
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to inspire others & generate people's commitment
Ability to develop others & improve their skills
Ability to develop and adapt a process
Ability to set up relevant performance indicators
Master Degree or equivalent
At least 5 years
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)
Master Degree or Equivalent.