About BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas is a top-ranking bank in Europe with an international profile. It operates in 71 countries and has almost 199 000 employees. The Group ranks highly in its three core areas of activity: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail banking networks and financial services are grouped together under Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, centred on corporate and institutional clients. The Group helps all of its clients (retail, associations, businesses, SMEs, large corporates and institutional) to implement their projects by providing them with services in financing, investment, savings and protection. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas enjoys leading positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas and has a solid and fast-growing network in the Asia/Pacific region.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas SA, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Bengaluru, Chennai and Mumbai, we are a 24x7 global delivery center. India Solutions services three business lines: Corporate and Institutional Banking, Investment Solutions and Retail Banking for BNP Paribas across the Group. Driving innovation and growth, we are harnessing the potential of over 6000 employees, to provide support and develop best-in-class solutions.
About Businessline/Function :
Corporate and Institutional Banking has an active IT ecosystem with its own IT backbone that involves a large workforce of IT employees working for DEV, Testing and Support projects.
CIB ITO Production ensures the provision of industrialized and digital production services. The objective is to offer innovative products and services to its customers in a performing, global and secured environment in order to speed up delivery and time to market. CIB ITO Production manages operational risk by running stable and robust IT production platforms. CIB ITO production hosts critical service delivery scope comprising of Global Markets, Global Banking, Client & Employee, ALM&T and BP2S.
The C&E – Client and Employee APS Department primarily provides functional and technical support to the application portfolio, which manages End2End Lifecycle of the BNP Paribas Client from prospection until Client Servicing. The application covers business functionality starting from Onboarding of the clients by ensuring 360° due diligence (KYC), maintaining the relationship throughout the lifecycle and delivering robust and timely client servicing using highly scaled in-house and 3rd party applications.
Cord&OneKyc APS guarantees the CIB client onboarding workflow, client referential, client due diligence across the client lifecycle, KYC repository and a data distribution platform application stack.
Business Line / Function:
Client & Employee / CORD APS
Senior Project Manager
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
BNP Paribas is looking for dynamic and highly motivated individuals for the role of Application Production Support team leader. The person will be responsible to manage the team of 9 highly motivated production support staff who provide level 1 and level 2 functional and technical support. He will be contributing to the service delivery of the team with a strong hands on team’s technical and management coordination activities. The role will be challenging and will involve high level of commitment and pro-activeness to maintain the 24*7 availability of the applications while being leveraging on other sites in follow the sun model.
Job profile at a glance, the role will mainly focus on leading the team and providing the functional & technical support along with an opportunity to contribute to project deliveries of in-scope application. The role demands the monitoring, troubleshooting, resolving and communicating the production events to end users and stakeholders. The event can be of various type and nature, ranging from simple application error or the infrastructure issue related to server crash. The main responsibility will be to support end users and provide after care support by resolving incidents whilst leveraging on the systems technical architecture knowledge. Provide technical support by ensuring the smooth execution of batches, delivering the production changes, manage Incidents and problem within the in-scope applications. The role also needs to ensure high availability of the application.This roles also demands the strong coordination skills and commitment to production support service delivery by having a in depth knowledge of Incident,change,problem management frameworks and controls.
- Lead the team with examples and ensure overall governance, process and internal controls adherence.
- Chair the difference meeting as responsible and prepare the action items, minutes.
- Act as first line of contact for end users to register their queries and concerns and provide Level1 and Level2 functional and technical resolutions.
- Coordinate with Level3, Infra or ADM Teams as applicable for quicker resolution of issues/incidents whilst ensuring the timely communications to end users.
- Coordination internally in the team on projects, KPI’s and controls.
- Monitor batches with the help of provided tools and act proactively on failed batches while being ensuring that the preventive actions were implemented to avoid the future failures.
- Pro-actively monitor, manage and improve availability and performance of the production environments from presentation and application layers to middleware and databases with the help of provided tools.
- Create and maintain documentation about issue resolutions and process guidelines for easy resolution of future issues.
- Providing coaching and mentoring to junior colleagues, transferring skills and expertise as required.
- Ensure logging all issues raised by user or intercepted by monitoring tool in the Bank’s ticket management system Service Now.
- Monitor recurrent incidents and perform problem management to ensure permanent fix with the help of IT partners.
- Coordinate with Infrastructure teams on events of patching & upgradation of servers to ensure the applications are stable & running after the infra work.
- Active participation in Disaster Recovery exercise to validate the resilience of production ecosystem for business.
- Explore opportunities of innovation and automation while in line with all policies
- Ensuring the timely delivery of change in staging and production ecosystem as per the agreed schedule.
- Handle access management for end users.
- Perform capacity management of in-scope applications by proactively monitoring the application behavior. Alerts Application Production and Development teams of any potential risks in the future
- Provide feedback and propose solutions to management on performance and capacity.
- Customize production tools (monitoring, batch scheduling, backups, deployment tolls, automation)
- Adopt CIB Standard tools, industrialize monitoring, industrialize Release management whilst seeking reduction of dependency on manual interventions by support staff, e.g leveraging enterprise batch scheduling and enterprise monitoring tools
- Collaborate efficiently with Dev and release management team to automate release delivery respecting the DEVOPS best practices.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
- Team and people management.
- Ability to provide step-by-step functional and technical help, both written and verbal.
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot technical and functional issues.
- Strong skills on coordination,assignment,challenge the status quo and be proactive.
- Transformational mindset with strong motivation for automations.
- Enthusiastic to work in challenging environment.
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
- Ability to Collaborate /Team Work in multi-location distributed environment.
- Decision Making
- Client focused
- Ability to understand, explain and support change
- Analytical Ability
- Ability to develop others & improve their skills
- Ability to develop and leverage networks
Specific Qualifications (if required)
- Strong experience with Windows based infrastructures, Windows / IIS administration.
- Experience with Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2016 and Windows Server 2019 administration
- Experience with IIS Administration
- Ability to troubleshoot IIS / .NET main issues
- Ability to create / maintain PowerShell scripts.
- Strong experience with Linux-based infrastructures, Linux/Unix administration.
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve main Linux issues, like identifying process blocking specific port, searching for a specific value in files, ...
- Ability to create / maintain bash script.
- RHEL experience is an asset.
- Strong experience with databases such as Oracle DB and / or Microsoft SQL Server.
- Ability to troubleshoot performance issues
- Ability to monitor database performances, using monitoring tools or SQL queries
- Experience with Java application servers like IBM WebSphere or Apache Tomcat.
- Ability to configure a Java Application Server, notably:
- JVM settings
- HTTP Connector configuration
- Database Connection Pool
- MQ Connection Pool
- Experience with Java / .NET applications
- Ability to troubleshoot memory issues
- Perform Memory and Thread dump with Java monitoring tools (AKA. VisualVM, Dynatrace, AppDynamics, New Relic)
- Ability to troubleshoot performance issues
- Investigate application slowness with proper monitoring tools (AKA. Visual VM, Dynatrace, AppDynamics, New Relic)
- Experience with a scripting languages such as Python, Groovy, Bash, PowerShell.
- Ability to write a small sample application to validate configuration / connectivity
- Ability to write / maintain deployments scripts written in Ansible (Python) and Jenkins Pipeline (Groovy)
- Ability to write / maintain scripts in Bash or PowerShell, to execute directly on Linux / Windows hosts
- Experience with ELK stack
- Ability to collect data and send them to Elastic search
- Ability to create reports and dashboards in Kibana
- Experience with open-source technologies
- Experience on DEV OP’s tools like Docker, Bitbucket, and Kubernetes etc
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4 skills)
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Personal Impact / Ability to influence
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Ability to manage a project
Choose an item.
Choose an item.
Bachelor Degree or equivalent
At least 12 years
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)