About BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas is a top-ranking bank in Europe with an international profile. It operates in 71 countries and has almost 199 000 employees. The Group ranks highly in its three core areas of activity: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail banking networks and financial services are grouped together under Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, centred on corporate and institutional clients. The Group helps all of its clients (retail, associations, businesses, SMEs, large corporates and institutional) to implement their projects by providing them with services in financing, investment, savings and protection. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas enjoys leading positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas and has a solid and fast-growing network in the Asia/Pacific region.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas SA, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Bengaluru, Chennai and Mumbai, we are a 24x7 global delivery center. India Solutions services three business lines: Corporate and Institutional Banking, Investment Solutions and Retail Banking for BNP Paribas across the Group. Driving innovation and growth, we are harnessing the potential of over 6000 employees, to provide support and develop best-in-class solutions.
About Businessline/Function :
Trade finance is the Banking and trade Finance domain. It helps in creating products that are created for import and export of goods.
Business Line / Function:
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
To design a solution for improvements that best fits in the iVision context and to work & lead on development of maintenance releases in iVision Application.
- Work with geographically distributed Agile Scrum teams for designing and implementing digital solutions using JAVA / J2EE technologies.
- Handle and lead development/design projects using Java, J2EE, Oracle.
- Works as technical team lead and cross teams for technical/functional solution.
- Establishes regular code reviews tied to on-going components / projects development.
- Designing and developing solutions according to user requirements in a timely manner, meeting our highest quality and performance standards.
- To work with Bank’s core architects and IT security teams to ensure policies and guidelines are adhered
- Work with different IT teams, and other divisions to deliver system solutions for the Trade Finance.
- Conduct and/or participate in the requirement gathering, solution design and formulation of an overall solution design.
- Explain the rationalized propose solution and feedback changes to the development team.
- In the course of implementing a solution, to produce documentation
- Review the technical/functional specification together with delivery teams
- Work with development team on the smooth delivery of the solution.
- Conduct system testing and support on UAT
- Investigate, locate and fix problems reported
- Team leader and player.
- Effectively communicating the work status and delivery status.
- Adhere to timelines set for the delivery.
- Technology adaptation, learning and implementation within the project.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
- Java 7 & 8, Eclipse IDE
- Dev ops skills : Tools familiarity like Bitbucket, Sonar QUBE, Jenkins etc.
- Oracle SQL & PL/SQL
- Ability to collaborate / Teamwork.
- Attention to detail / rigor.
- Communication skills - oral & written.
- Ability to deliver / Results driven.
- Ability to develop and adapt a process.
- Ability to understand, explain and support change.
- Ability to manage / facilitate a meeting, seminar, committee, training.
Specific Qualifications (if required)
Experience and Qualifications required
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent education
- Good technical knowledge with 8 to 10 years of hands-on experience in Java, J2EE, SQL/PLSQL, and Unix.
- Background in application development process, Agile, Waterfall, JIRA;
- Domain knowledge and experience in financial industry/trade finance systems is a plus.
Qualification: B.E / B.Sc.
8 to 10 Years