BNP Paribas Group has a presence in 75 countries with more than 185,000 employees, including 145,000 in Europe. It ranks highly in its two core activities: Retail Banking & Services and Corporate & Institutional Banking.
At BNP Paribas Group, we work continuously on behalf of our clients, helping them to realize their projects around the world. You can be an important part of this, helping us to serve our clients both in mature and emerging markets, providing them with financial solutions across a diverse range of expertise, products and services.
Strong risk management, combined with the stability that comes from being part of one of the largest banking groups in the world, underpin our success. Joining us, you’ll become an integral part of a dynamic team that spans nationalities, cultures and backgrounds, drawing together people from around the globe and reflecting our commitment to international placements.
BNP Paribas the Netherlands is looking for a
To join the Country Tax Department in Amsterdam.
In a small team, you’ll be analysing, reviewing and advising the Business Lines and Group Departments on all sorts of Dutch taxes (NL corporate income tax, VAT, wage tax and other NL taxes) involving both BNP Paribas Divisions (Corporate and Investment Banking, Retail Banking & Services)) and their respective Business Units (a.o. Insurance, Consumer Finance, Leasing, Factoring, Securities Services, Asset Management) with key focus on VAT matters.
You will be showing responsiveness and a good balance between compliance and commercial understanding in advising the business lines and Group departments on request and proactively, often within a short timeframe.
In this role, you will:
- participate to the strategic development of control of NL tax efficiency, NL tax compliance, NL tax risks and NL tax reputational risks for BNP Paribas and its business.
- focus on the Dutch tax position of BNP Paribas Group itself in the first place (tax compliance, tax efficiency, tax risks and reputational risks), but in addition will involve the tax structure and compliance of products offered by BNP Paribas in the Netherlands
- provide internal tax advise to Business Unit, often working in co-operation with colleagues of Group Tax, other Group departments and Business Units on transactions and products that involve multiple jurisdictions.
- A master degree (or equivalent education/work experience) in fiscal law or fiscal economics.
- At least three years of relevant experience as VAT manager/advisor or as tax consultant, preferably within an international organization. Experience in financial services/financial industry is a true plus.
- Self-starting capabilities and willingness to develop capabilities for other Dutch taxes.
- Ability to bring across tax perspective in multi-discipline teams (i.e. when working together with business managers and other staff departments).
- Advanced experience with Excel and Business Objects.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Dutch and English.
- Analytical and able to translate your findings into a solid advice to our stakeholders.
- Highly organized with a positive attitude and you have the ability to handle high-stress situations in a calm and professional manner.
- Holding a good and up-to-date knowledge of and practical experience with EU/Dutch VAT taxation.
- Willing to develop a broad knowledge and experience in Dutch taxation.
- Willing to get to know BNP Paribas Group, its various business lines, products and staff.
- A strong team-player who enjoys working in an international environment.
As part of the application procedure there is an assessment and Pre-Employment Screening (PES). A PES includes a check of your ID and credentials, a statement of good behavior and a statement regarding liability at the time of commencement of employment.