• Regional tax manager
MISSION AND OBJECTIVES
• Support the preparation of annual tax returns for BNPP USA and its subsidiaries. Also assists in audit information requests and special projects.
• Assist in the preparation of the following for BNPP USA, and its subsidiaries:
-Federal, state, and local tax returns and related workpapers
-Extensions and quarterly tax estimates
-U.S. tax accounting
-Audit information / documentation requests
• Update and maintain tax calendar to assure all tax returns and tax payments are filed timely
• Respond to notices and other communications from the IRS and other tax authorities
• Assist in identifying process improvements in production, control procedures, and workflow organization to increase the team’s efficiency and effectiveness
• Support manager on special projects
• Adhere to the bank’s policies and procedures
• Perform specific duties as assigned
TRAINING AND OCCUPATIONAL EXPERIENCE
• Three to five years of tax and / or accounting experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
• Certified CPA accountant is an asset
• Solid knowledge and understanding of US tax reporting rules and regulations
ESSENTIAL SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS
• Advanced degree and/or certification, such as a Master in Tax
• Experience within a global financial services company, especially Big 4 Accounting Firm
• Experience with US Tax Reporting
• Experience using Onesource tax software within Thomson Reuters
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS
• Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel skills
• Effective analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal (French/English)
• Good analytical skills and sound judgement;
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively with various teams in a deadline-focused environment
• Manages its time and work efficiently;
• Able to work outside of regular hours during peak periods;
A recruitment policy that promotes equity and diversity:
Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
We pride ourselves in applying non-discrimination rules to all our recruitments.
We will only contact the candidates selected who meet the job requirements in terms of training and experience.
About BNP Paribas
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 73 countries, with more than 195,000 employees, including more than 148,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the leader in consumer lending. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail-banking model in Mediterranean countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
About BNP Paribas in Canada
In Canada, BNP Paribas is one of the dominant foreign banks in the country and is committed to building its platform even further. Since becoming the operational hub for the Group’s activities in North America in 2013, it has grown significantly to reach more than 700 employees and is expected to continue growing in the coming years. With the continued development of technology and financial fields, BNP Paribas Canada continues to attract experts with diverse backgrounds as well as young and ambitious talent from across the globe. With the international mobility and capacity that very few companies can offer, BNP Paribas prides itself in providing a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow.