TAX IT Business Analyst for Wealth Management
BNP Paribas is a leading European bank with an international reach. It has a presence in 72 countries, with more than 202,000 Employees – including more than 154,000 in Europe and over 5,000 in Portugal alone.
BNP Paribas is present in Portugal since 1985, having been one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, BNP Paribas has several entities operating directly in this territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
Worldwide, the Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporate and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
With a strong presence of almost 7.000 employees working in Europe, Asia and the United States and €377 billion of assets under management as of March 2019, BNP Paribas Wealth Management (“WM”) is a global leader of the Private Banking industry.
Since 2015, BNP Paribas Wealth Management has a competence center in Lisbon (PIMH = Portugal International Markets Hub) to manage activities for several locations (Switzerland, Luxemburg, Germany, Monaco …).
As IT Business Analyst with Project Management proven past experience, you will contribute to the implementation of IT projects/programs “Tax oriented” in an international context (Switzerland, Luxemburg, Paris, Asia)
- AEOI (Automatic Exchange of Information),
- Tax Statement Program (Tax reports for cross boarder clients within BNP Paribas WM entities
ROLE AND RESPONSABILITIES
Under the responsibility of the Division Manager and/or Program Director, you will:
- Perform IT Business Analysis tasks on operational banking process and fiscal / tax / legal related implementations, with a particular focus on
- Wealth Management portfolio’s management,
- banking operational processes (global custody)
- corporate actions.
- Interact with various business representatives (Regional Back Office, Sponsors…)
- Ensure proper documentation of the requirements, with process mapping and workflow diagrams
- Document business rules, perform feasibility studies, and impact analysis
- Ensure quality assurance by validating IT solution and coordinating UAT (User acceptance Tests) with business users
- Conduct change management to the end users
- Create training materials and documentation
- Train new end users on related applications
- Support and promote continuous improvement of the services and applications
- At least 8 years+ experience as IT Business Analysis in a financial institution with strong governance approach as well as knowledge of
- financial products,
- trade life cycle obtained
- Functional knowledge of Back Office processes, Tax & Legal (FACTA, IRS871m, AEOI) is a definitive advantage, as well as corporate actions, derivatives (performance, Tax reporting oriented)
- Experience on Tax and/or Legal (IRS) systems (eg FiTax and Easy-tax from Bearing Point) is a plus
- Proactive with strong time-management skills
- Extremely organized with a pragmatic approach
- Result driven and able to handle and report about budget
- Ability to work independently and with others people in an international context
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in order to interact with diverse IT teams, managers, and subject matter experts
- Fluent in English
Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.