Swift and Cash Management Manager
ABOUT SWIFT & CASH MANAGEMENT
The Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunication (SWIFT) provides a network that enables financial institutions worldwide to send and receive information about financial transactions in a secure, standardized and reliable environment.
BNP Paribas is the 3rd biggest player on this network worldwide.
Cash management involves collection, handling and processing of cash flows. It aims at managing the channels of collections, payments, and accounting information efficiently. It requires a very high level of quality and a foolproof processing with high levels of expectations from customers.
BNP Paribas is in the top 2 European players and a strong worldwide actor in cash management.
ABOUT THE TEAM
In order to adequately support its strong worldwide presence in Swift & Cash Management, BNP Paribas has created a high-level dynamic support organization responsible to support the full range of global SWIFT and Cash Management applications (both vendors and internal software) and to ensure a stable and resilient production environment for the business and operations.
BNP Paribas operates this organization in a “follow the sun” operating model between Paris, Singapore & Montreal. This three locations team enables 24/7 uninterrupted operations, in line with the variety of business hours and business days around the globe.
MISSION AND OBJECTIVES
The 24/7 MPS teamis responsible for:
- Enhancing the quality of production for the entire BNP PARIBAS Group in the scope of Payments, SWIFT and Cash Management
- Overseeing the end-to-end transmission of Business Transactions through the SWIFT, Payments and Cash infrastructures, on behalf of all the entities of the BNP PARIBAS Group
- Investigating functional and technical issues with the execution of Business transactions of sensitive clients from the Cash Management Business Line
- Contribute to the business analysis for the evolution of SWIFT & Cash management Software
- Enhance the reliability of financial messaging applications, notably through the steering of committees with the relevant IT Teams
- Manage a motivated and high performing SWIFT / Cash Management / Payments support and business activity control team based in Montreal.
- Manage BAU resources and budget to ensure sufficient follow-the-sun coverage on business days, weekends and bank holidays through shifts and job rotation.
- Ensure resources receive proper training to perform assigned tasks.
- Work closely with the other managers (Paris and Singapore) to plan and maintain systems and procedures to maximize operating efficiency.
- Ensure Incidents and problems are reported, tracked, followed up timely.
- Perform a first level of Management & Organizational controls (monthly basis)
Day to day support activities:
Ensure the technical & functional support is properly done
- Troubleshoot incidents escalated by worldwide BNPP teams
- Ensure an appropriate communication to these teams
Ensure the functional controls and fixes are properly done:
- Analysis of abnormal trends in business activity
- Ensure the proper execution of end to end processes
- Identify gaps in the process with the expected nominal operation
- Supervise the maintenance intervention.
Manage the incidents and crisis communication
- Analyze the criticality of the malfunction and determine the appropriate plan to fix it.
- Identify and coordinate key actors in order to restore the service. Lead crisis committees.
- Communicate and provide status updates on issues to business users, management team and other stakeholders.
- Contribute to the post incident review and action plan definition
Get involved in the quality process:
- Contribute to the brainstorm pertaining to the relevancy of the organization and process.
- Analyze and challenge existing support processes to achieve continuous improvement.
- Coordinate with the project and IT teams to conduct an end-to-end efficiency diagnosis of current business processes, identify the weak points, suggest improvements for the processes and get them approved.
Ensure completeness and effectiveness of DRP and/or BCP exercise every year.
- Ensure tasks performed by the team comply with all applicable risk, compliance & control requirements.
- Contribute and adhere to standard processes, procedures and best practices.
N.B. – Successful candidate will be required to work in day shifts (11.30-19.30) and weekend rotation. Occasionally after hours response to problems will be required.
TRAINING AND OCCUPATIONAL EXPERIENCE
- University degree, preferably in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or Finance
- 10 years of Experience including at least 5 years in Cash Management and one successful experience in managing a team
- Having experience in operational / “run” activity (Corporate client service, IT application support, Back Office …) would be appreciated.
ESSENTIAL SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS
Bilingual : English and French
The candidate should demonstrate a combination of technical and functional skills together with excellent communication and leadership skills. He/she must have a genuine willingness to work with time critical operations and high availability systems. He / she must be able to handle and manage tasks with a high level of autonomy.
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS
- Possess strong knowledge of SWIFT & Cash Management
- Specific knowledge on BNP PARIBAS Paris Cash Management internal IT & processes would be a strong asset.
- Possess strong leadership qualities with excellent people management skills
- Able to remain professional and tactical in stressful situations
- Able to work in a fast-paced and multi-cultural environment
- Ability to assimilate functional & technical architectures
- Ability to analyze and decipher content of complex file format
- Ability to manage configuration of complex application
- Analytical and information structuring skills
- Trouble shooting and problem solving
- Rigorous and accuracy
- Ability to collaborate (strong team player)
- Communication skills and client focus
A recruitment policy that promotes equity and diversity:
Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
We pride ourselves in applying non-discrimination rules to all our recruitments.
We will only contact the candidates selected who meet the job requirements in terms of training and experience.
About BNP Paribas
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 73 countries, with more than 195,000 employees, including more than 148,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the leader in consumer lending. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail-banking model in Mediterranean countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
About BNP Paribas in Canada
In Canada, BNP Paribas is one of the dominant foreign banks in the country and is committed to building its platform even further. Since becoming the operational hub for the Group’s activities in North America in 2013, it has grown significantly to reach more than 700 employees and is expected to continue growing in the coming years. With the continued development of technology and financial fields, BNP Paribas Canada continues to attract experts with diverse backgrounds as well as young and ambitious talent from across the globe. With the international mobility and capacity that very few companies can offer, BNP Paribas prides itself in providing a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow.