About BNP Paribas in Asia Pacific (www.apac.bnpparibas)
In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 15,000 employees* and a presence in 14 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 74 countries with more than 190,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you're valued as part of our team!
* excluding partnerships
The Sustainable Investment Product Specialist, HK, works closely with the Head of SRI, as well as internal WM stakeholders including the sustainable investment specialists in other WM sites, WM Asia relationship managers, investment advisory teams, discretionary portfolio managers and the marketing team to help design and develop sustainable investment solutions and strategies and grow the sustainable investment business in Asia. He/she will work with our clients to better understand their sustainable investments needs and is also contribute to building BNPP WM’s brand image and promoting sustainable investment through thought leadership at conferences in HK, media and among industry peers. He/she is also responsible for working closely with other business lines such as BNPPAM and CIB to ensure close collaboration across the Group on this key topic.
- Contribute to the adoption and growth of BNPP WM’s wealth management sustainable investment products and services with clients and prospects in HK
- Be a “Leading industry thought leader” on sustainable investment themes and topics, and deliver that expertise to serve clients, empower colleagues and raise the firm’s public profile
- Contribute to complex projects and conduct analysis for sophisticated investors including UHNW and HNW private clients, family offices, and institutional clients.
- Assist with sustainable investment research efforts across investment teams
- Keep internal business partners and clients updated on general industry trends and provide insights on how they affect client goals and our offering
- Manage requests for proposals/ information (RFP/RFI), due diligence questionnaires and reporting
- Build and maintain library of sustainable investment marketing materials
- In all of the above, coordinate with HO and other WM sites to ensure consistency across WM
Technical & Behavioural Competencies
- 5-10years of experience in investment management and/or wealth management, with experience in Sustainable, ESG and/or Impact investing
- Understanding of the interplay between investment and sustainability frameworks
- Proven ability to research and analyse an issue through multiple angles, identify viable alternatives and recommend investment solutions
- Strong written and oral communication and presentation skills (in English, Mandarin and Cantonese) to articulate complex concepts and issues in a compelling, persuasive, fact-based manner
- Background in working cross-functionally/ geographically and building relationships with investment, sales, operations, marketing and product teams
- Willingness to collaborate with members of the team to achieve group performance targets
- Passionate about Sustainable Investing and experienced in dealing with the investment implications
- Analytical with a solid investment foundation, and the ability to formulate strategy to convert ideas into action
- Highly developed team player, within a multi-cultural environment; someone who is sensitive to complexities within a global business
- Self-starter, motivated and driven to succeed; someone who will thrive in a dynamic and entrepreneurial team environment and is results oriented
- Capable communicator (written and verbal), with strong relationship management skills
- Degree in Finance, Economics or similar field
- MBA or CFA or equivalent Master degree preferred
- Fluent in Mandarin and Cantonese