Sustainability Director - London
BNP Paribas Real Estate (BNPPRE) is a European property consultancy business headquartered in Paris but with subsidiary businesses in all of the major capitals of Europe. BNPPRE is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas bank, the fifth largest bank in Europe.
BNPPRE is a top 10 advisory business in the UK, employing 1600 staff across Commercial, Residential and Rural divisions. Headquartered in London it is a national business with a turnover of circa £155m. Its clients include government agencies, financial institutions corporates and landowners.
BNP Paribas as a global business is committed to the United Nation’s Sustainable Development Goals which are fully integrated in the Group’s activities. The real estate business wishes to develop its advice to clients in this area focussed on transition to a low carbon environment by appointing a Strategic Sustainability Director to join its Commercial Division. The successful candidate would be focussed on engaging with clients engaged in delivery of this goal through development of products to drive carbon footprint of buildings downwards with the aim of becoming net zero carbon.
The individual would be responsible for:
- Development of a net zero carbon strategy for BNPPRE and its clients
- Develop methodologies to help BNPPRE’s various business lines reflect the impact of climate change and the need to have a net zero carbon strategy in their advice to clients
- Develop methodologies for delivering change to buildings
- Develop methods to offset carbon where net zero carbon aspirations cannot be achieved
- Engaging with our clients to exchange experiences and promote BNPPRE services to deliver desired outcomes
- Engage with and work BNP Paribas bank to deliver similar outcomes and exchange best practice
- Engage with our European offices to share best practice and to work with some clients who engage with BNPPRE on a pan European basis.
- Deliver training to BNPPRE’s BNP staff as required
The position would be at Director level and report into the Executive committee of the Commercial Division.
- Client managers
- Board members
- Internal stakeholders
- Clients suppliers
- Government agencies
- Regulatory agencies
- Industry influencers
Experience and Qualifications
- Minimum 6 years’ experience in delivering sustainability services to clients
- A thorough understanding of the legislative framework and reporting requirements
- A sustainability related qualification
- Sustainability experience in the real estate sector
- A background of working with clients and winning mandates
- Proven ability to work in multi-disciplined teams to deliver results
- Ability to innovative solutions to problems
- Ability to present to large audiences
- IT literate
- Change management
BNP Paribas Real Estate is proud to be an inclusive employer, as recognised by our RICS Inclusive Employer status and the Stonewall Equality Index.