At BNP Paribas Canada, it is our employees which make the difference... Our 75 nationalities are part of our diversity!
Do you like challenges, a structured framework, the prospect of optimizing and innovating? You are known for your originality and want a certain freedom to think while sharing your knowledge and ideas?
... Come help us contribute to the growth of our Canadian platform!
You will benefit amongst other things from:
- Access to social volunteer and recreational programs, via our many Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
- Opportunities for career development through active internal mobility and our innovative training program: Canada Academy
- A brand new workspace, flexible, comfortable and easily adaptable to your needs: remote work opportunities, standing desks, innovation lab., open meeting rooms and spaces
The person will perform a Lead BA role within the RC Compliance IT team. Focus will primarily be on our existing Surveillance platform. The IT & business platform within this scope is Actimize / Global Markets. Candidate will work with subject matter experts and BAs to capture complex business requirements document and communicate them to technical product management, developers.
- Determines technical feasibility by evaluating requirements and analysis as well as proposed solutions
- Prepares solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards and best coding practices
- Enhances existing models/solutions to match compliance requirements by configuring and customizing software models
- Tests and approves software solutions, configurations and customizations by Dev team
- Provides information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing development and service issues working with local APS team
- Utilizes software engineering tools such as configuration management systems, build processes, and debuggers in the software development process
- Collaborates and adds value through participation in peer code reviews, providing comments and suggestions
- Provides reliable solutions to a variety of problems using sound problem solving techniques
- Performs technical root cause analysis and outlines corrective action for given problems
- Serve as a mentor to less experienced IT resource and provide technical expertise.
- Estimate level of effort, evaluate new options of similar technology, offer suggestions to improve processes, and provide comments on some design aspects
- Apply a sense of urgency, commitment and focus on the right priorities in developing technical solutions in a timely fashion
- Review product and/or application information including manuals and brochures for technical accuracy
- Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, diagrams, clear code and comments
- Work on multiple projects and respect aggressive schedule
- Work in a fast-paced environment. Support may include extra hours, nights and weekends.
- Work and co-ordinate with offshore and near-shore teams
KEY SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Must have 3 + years of experience in Capital markets IT projects.
- Should have excellent knowledge of Databases: SQL or Data Warehousing, ETL, OLAP
- Software Integration Solutions design
- Database systems like Oracle and MS-SQL Server
- Programming language (good to have): Actimize, Java, JSP, Python
- Web architecture: web servers & application servers
- Web Technologies: HTML, XML, XSL
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Pro-active and Team Oriented approach
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Candidate must have working experience with trading and market data.
- Ability to manage conflicting requests on time in a continually fast moving environment.
- Self-motivated, ability to work independently while fully functioning with a team environment
About BNP Paribas
With more than 200,000 employees in 72 countries, the Group serves nearly 32 million individual customers and 850,000 professionals, entrepreneurs, SMEs and large companies. BNP Paribas is a leading bank in the euro zone and a leading international banking player.
Did you know? In 2019, BNP Paribas named World’s Best Bank for Corporate Responsibility 2019
About BNP Paribas in Canada
With more than 900 employees, BNP Paribas Canada continues to attract experts from diverse fields as well as ambitious young talent from around the world. We are proud to offer our employees a rewarding and international workplace where they can build their professional careers by honing their skills, meeting challenges and enriching their knowledge of the financial industry.
A recruitment policy that promotes equality and diversity:
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer. BNP Paribas recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, and other protected status (Employment Equity Act).
Part of BNP Paribas dedication to diversity, multiculturalism and inclusion is clearly reflected on how we believe and live diversity and inclusion all together. As such, one of BNP Paribas’ initiatives is hosting Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) which are focused on equality of gender, sexual orientation and learning from other cultures.
We can assist with access to job offers for people with disabilities who may be unable to use our career site - please contact us by email canada_recrutement [at] ca.bnpparibas (dot) com or by phone on 514-285-6000
Want to know more about the BNP Paribas Group?
** Only selected applications that meet the requirements of the role will be contacted **