About BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas is a top-ranking bank in Europe with an international profile. It operates in 71 countries and has almost 199 000 employees. The Group ranks highly in its three core areas of activity: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail banking networks and financial services are grouped together under Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, centred on corporate and institutional clients. The Group helps all of its clients (retail, associations, businesses, SMEs, large corporates and institutional) to implement their projects by providing them with services in financing, investment, savings and protection. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas enjoys leading positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas and has a solid and fast-growing network in the Asia/Pacific region.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas SA, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Bengaluru, Chennai and Mumbai, we are a 24x7 global delivery center. India Solutions services three business lines: Corporate and Institutional Banking, Investment Solutions and Retail Banking for BNP Paribas across the Group. Driving innovation and growth, we are harnessing the potential of over 6000 employees, to provide support and develop best-in-class solutions.
About Businessline/Function :
Within Global Markets department, Position, Risk & PNL Domain covers the applications suite which are responsible for calculating Start of Day Risk/ Intraday Risk/ PNL figures for various Business Lines. We provide Production Support for these applications and ensure they are up always available and deliverables are delivered within SLA. With a Follow-the-Sun model, various team located across globe are responsible for serving users 24*7.
GM APS – Position, Risk & PNL
Business Line / Function:
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
Team member to help team in providing good quality support and to improve system with day to day efforts in optimization and automation. Quick resolutions when system are not Green and contribution towards project tasks when production is stable. Monitor the systems through different monitoring tools (Geneos), ensure batch failures with known errors are resolved timely. Unknown errors are raised to L2 team for deeper investigation. Maintain Documentation around known issues and highlight gaps. Highlight the need of automation to make things efficient.
- Provide first class support to all users of the application system in a timely and efficient manner.
- Liaise with the developers to communicate issues raised by the business
- Communicating with the global team to resolve issues.
- Maintain a knowledge base regarding support issues and their resolution using SharePoint collaboration tools.
- Build a working knowledge of the systems and business area in order to provide a high level of support.
- Reconfiguring various existing setups in order to improve the efficiency of the system and to cohere to business requests.
- Track issues effectively using ITIL approved methodology ﴾incidents, changes, requests and problems﴿.
- Preparing environments for releases and ensuring that the implementation and pre‐production tests are carried out.
- The systems which team supports are classified as Tier 1 ﴾business critical﴿ which requires a very flexible approach to work as we have to support the systems as well as undertake project work. Within the broader team we support an overnight batches that performs the official end‐of‐day revaluations and scenario analysis for market risk.
- Operating on Singapore/London based hours to support the business in Singapore and London – this involves 2 rotational shift works with the early shift being at 6.30am start time, and the late shift starting from 1pm Mumbai time.
- The successful candidate will be expected to be committed to potentially longer than normal days if there are critical issues which still require attention at the end of the day.
- Perform System Checks, Pro‐actively monitor and improve availability and performance of the production environments globally, deployment of applications in UAT & PROD env, contribute in weekend checks and coordinate with the teams in New York, London, Singapore.
- Coordinate with other internal teams, Brokers and vendors in order to respond to incidents and resolve issues promptly so as to restore normal services to the business.
- Ensure root cause analysis is undertaken for all incidents. Manage problem and action tickets.
- Perform BAU tasks with very good quality Incident management.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
- Shell & Python scripting
- Oracle SQL
- Application Production Support knowledge
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to absorb, retain and document knowledge
- Ability to prioritize work effectively in a dynamic, ever changing environment.
- Self‐motivated by working under their own initiative
Specific Qualifications (if required)
Confident enough to work in a Business Critical challenging environment
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4 skills)
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Ability to deliver / Results driven
Creativity & Innovation / Problem solving
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Ability to set up relevant performance indicators
Ability to develop and adapt a process
Ability to manage / facilitate a meeting, seminar, committee, training…
Bachelor Degree or equivalent
At least 3 years
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)