At BNP Paribas Canada, it is our employees which make the difference... Our 75 nationalities are part of our diversity!
Do you like challenges, a structured framework, and the prospect of optimizing and innovating? You are known for your originality and want a certain freedom to think while sharing your knowledge and ideas?
... Come help us contribute to the growth of our Canadian platform!
You will benefit amongst other things from:
- Access to social volunteer and recreational programs, via our many Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
- Opportunities for career development through active internal mobility and our innovative training program: Canada Academy
- A brand new workspace, flexible, comfortable and easily adaptable to your needs: remote work opportunities, standing desks, innovation lab., open meeting rooms and spaces
SUMMARY OF THE ROLE
Main local contact point and expert for LAP system (including LAP NAR Business Objects
Reports), working with end users, business analysts and developers.
- Providing round the clock support for the LAP application (Canada and US
- working days, with on-call coverage outside of business hours)
- On quarter ends, provide extended hours coverage, including weekend support
- Consolidating existing knowledge database (Wiki)
- Automating processes for common tasks and reporting
- Providing input to technical designs
- Communicating with other members of the Support LAP teams in the same and
- other locations
- Managing issues and requests logged through Service Now and JIRA
- Direct problem resolution or bug logging
- Working with developers – managing application/server access
- Follow Change Management procedures
- Prioritization, resolution, and escalation of user and application queries and issues
- Proactive application and system monitoring
- High degree of communication with users, management, developers and peers
- Involvement with technical and functional quality processes and reviews
- Work as part of the Global LAP Support team providing round-the-clock coverage
KEY SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
TRAINING AND OCCUPATIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Minimum Bachelor’s level of education or equivalent
- 5 – 7 years of IT experience, preferably in a support role
- Excellent communication skills in English are mandatory (both written and verbal)
- Experience in a banking environment is preferable
- TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES
- UNIX/ Linux
- Shell Scripting
- SQL (Sybase or Oracle)
- C++ (or Java)
- Accounting systems
- Microsoft Office
- Business Objects
- ITIL foundation
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS
- Reactivity & ability to understand problems and situations and to draw out logical
- Effective Communication, Rigor, Method, Autonomy, Patience
- Adaptability and desire to learn new products and technologies
- Incident, problem and change management skills
Canada and US working days, with on-call coverage on a rotational basis. Some weekend
work needed from the office (on quarterly basis or for BCM activities). Some flexibility in
working late could be needed
About BNP Paribas
With more than 200,000 employees in 72 countries, the Group serves nearly 32 million individual customers and 850,000 professionals, entrepreneurs, SMEs and large companies. BNP Paribas is a leading bank in the euro zone and a leading international banking player.
Did you know? In 2019, BNP Paribas named World’s Best Bank for Corporate Responsibility 2019
About BNP Paribas in Canada
With more than 900 employees, BNP Paribas Canada continues to attract experts from diverse fields as well as ambitious young talent from around the world. We are proud to offer our employees a rewarding and international workplace where they can build their professional careers by honing their skills, meeting challenges and enriching their knowledge of the financial industry.
A recruitment policy that promotes equality and diversity:
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer. BNP Paribas recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, and other protected status (Employment Equity Act).
Part of BNP Paribas dedication to diversity, multiculturalism and inclusion is clearly reflected on how we believe and live diversity and inclusion all together. As such, one of BNP Paribas’ initiatives is hosting Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) which are focused on equality of gender, sexual orientation and learning from other cultures.
We can assist with access to job offers for people with disabilities who may be unable to use our career site - please contact us by email canada_recrutement [at] ca.bnpparibas (dot) com or by phone on 514-285-6000
Want to know more about the BNP Paribas Group?
** Only selected applications that meet the requirements of the role will be contacted **