In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 18,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 68 markets with more than 193,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
* excluding partnerships
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you’re valued as part of the team.
Team Mission & Overall Job Purpose
A key component of BNP Paribas’ Global Banking division, the Trade Finance and Working Capital Solutions franchise is ranked among the top three globally. It as a global network of more than 300 experts providing local offers and tailored on-the-ground expertise.
This franchise, named Global Trade Solutions (GTS), delivers the most appropriate balanced risk mitigation and working capital to facilitate our clients business along the chain, offering the most complete capabilities and advisory to support even the most complex situations. In addition to a complete range of traditional trade products and services GTS also offers structured trade and customized supply chain management (SCM) solutions.
The Supplier Relationship management (SRM) team mission is focused on the Payables product and the supplier relationship management aspect of it. BNP PARIBAS is looking for a Supplier Relationship Manager for its APAC team.
The Supplier Relationship Manager is part of the Supply Chain Management Group.
The main missions and responsibilities of the SRM are:
- Be first entry point for suppliers in payable programs to explain concepts and program details, handhold the on-boarding process and provide training on the BNP PARIBAS Supply Chain tool.
- Act as a customer success leader for payable product clients to ensure growth/high adoption, cross selling, expansion and retention.
- Act as advisory to buyer procurement teams and help the client to shape the on boarding strategy by providing recommendation based on data analysis available in the group or in the market, on top of leading and animating the training to the client procurement teams.
- Meet business target and ensure maximum utilization and implement client/supplier retention strategy in collaboration with Sales, Structuring and Implementation teams
- Coordinate due diligence, technical implementation and support case for both buyers and suppliers and act as an escalation point
- To be an active and efficient support for the SCM marketers and clients in structuring Supply Chain transactions from pitching to execution.
- To support technical on-boarding of Clients and Counterparties onto the BNP PARIBAS Supply Chain tools.
- Comply with internal Controls and Risk Monitoring processes in line with BNP PARIBAS Group procedures in addition to specific country requirements and regulations, and contribute to their upgrade and maintenance.
- Work closely with Sales and Product management teams to provide the best products and solutions to the buyer and the supplier in a supply chain finance program.
- Collaborate with the various internal Legal Teams as well as external counsels on the legal documentation.
- Lead the on boarding strategy through third party platforms and/or partners.
- Coordinate with the SCM APAC Stakeholders (Sales, Relationship Managers, Product, Implementation, Operations and IT teams) to ensure agreed turnaround timelines are met and pipeline of suppliers are followed up and tracked to closure.
- Drive standardization of supplier documentation e.g. move to global “communized” supplier agreement, set-up packages, and marketing collateral (be cognizant of country-specific requirements in addition to global and local product program requirements).
- Prepare periodic reports and status updates on the progress of on-boarding activities by country, by client, track utilization and monitor pipeline.
- Ensure once on-boarding is complete, the System Support teams are introduced for managing day-to-day relationships smoothly.
- Ensure retention of Suppliers and expansion of payable programmes by being proactive in suggesting expansion strategies.
- Acquire new market participants and retain existing participants.
- Manage, cultivate, and grow a book of business consistent with buyer objectives.
- Contributes to RFIs and RFPs.
- Lead and / or contributes to the global Supplier Onboarding Project, including setting up procedures, providing feedback on the implementation of the global project, contribute to recruitment of other SRMs, etc.
- Trains and supports junior resources / new comers in developing his/her knowledge.
- Acts as an escalation/co-ordination point for queries raised by stakeholders.
- Contributes to the ongoing enhancement on BNPP proprietary platform in connection with the product managers & ITO teams.
- Liaises with other regions SRMs to streamline processes.
Skills and Competencies
- A first experience in sale, marketing of financial products or customer service/customer-facing role.
- Understanding of the supply chain side for corporate clients, knowledge of working capital cycle and procurement team’s role in driving negotiations around commercial terms is a key plus.
- Experience in implementation of deals is a plus.
- Highly motivated with excellent work ethic, dynamic with strong selling, influence and consulting skills.
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- Client focused and team player with Strong influence skills.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate to all levels of the business, to clients and external service providers.
- Logical and analytical skills with strong problem solving capabilities.
- An organised approach to work with good attention to details.
- Ability to deliver within tight timeframes and work under pressure.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment, across jurisdictions.
- Proficiency in MS Office tools notably Excel and PowerPoint.
- English and Mandarin fluency (written and spoken).
- Japanese, Korean, Cantonese, Bahasa, Thai, Vietnamese (a strong plus)