Supervisor for BP2S Corporate Actions Operations - LC CA Processing Euronext I
BNP Paribas is a leading European bank with an international reach. It has a presence in 72 countries, with more than 202,000 Employees – including more than 154,000 in Europe and over 5,000 in Portugal alone.
BNP Paribas is present in Portugal since 1985, having been one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, BNP Paribas has several entities operating directly in this territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
Worldwide, the Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporate and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
- Operational management of complete portfolio and responsibility for all operations
- Contribute to and support colleagues' work in order to achieve the defined goals as a team
- Support the training of newcomers
- Participation in project development and implementation
- Ensure and perform daily controls and checklist controls
- Review the correct performance of operations according to market client specificities
- Write and send reports in relation to SLA when appropriate
- Extract and monitor data from system tools
- Attend internal control meetings and follow up on the resolution of issues.
Verify emails, assign tasks and define priorities
- Verify, follow-up and update accounts and procedures
- Monitor staff evolution in terms of training and report information to Team Leader
- Ensure tasks are performed by the team
- Manage and organize systems, email inboxes and phone calls
- Carry out the first level of escalation for queries and issues
- Support the training of team members
- Provide the necessary reports and statistics for the team
- Ensure that answers to clients’ queries are provided in a timely and accurate manner
- Respect the norms and standards of BNP Paribas Securities Services
- Perform the tasks and/or participate in projects needed for the efficient achievement of BNP Paribas Securities Services objectives
- Academic Degree in Economics, Management, Accounting or similar (preferential) or 12th grade (mandatory)
- Experience in banking operations is a plus, specifically in Corporate Actions
- Fluent in English
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office tools, namely Excel and PowerPoint
- Team work, Analytical thinking, Positive attitude, Organisational commitment, Customer Service orientation and Focus on results
In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity
employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers.
We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated
against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or
civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief,
sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our
recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and
efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to
reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.