In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 18,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 68 markets with more than 193,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
* excluding partnerships
At BNP Paribas, we passionately embrace diversity and are committed to fostering an inclusive workplace where all employees are valued, respected and can bring their authentic selves to work. We prohibit Discrimination and Harassment of any kind and our policies promote equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants, irrespective of, but not limited to their gender, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, ethnicity, race, colour, national origin, age, religion, social status, mental or physical disabilities, veteran status etc. As a global Bank, we truly believe that inclusion and diversity of our teams is key to our success in serving our clients and the communities we operate in.
ITO Client Management (ITO CM) is a global IT and Operations (ITO) group responsible for managing all client related information within the Corporate and Investment Bank (CIB), including client on boarding, client services, AML transaction monitoring, Loan services and client referential data management. Client Management also provides support to a number of global functions, namely Legal, Compliance and Product Control, as well as for cross-business activities such as customer relationship management.
The intended position serves as support to Due Diligence Team for all first level of alert management.
The analyst provides analysis on alerts generated in Financial Security systems and to determine the classification of the alerts.
The role is Regional and based in Singapore.
• Conducts first level review of automated alerts arising from the regular screening generated within the SUN screening tool for any hits on Sanctions or Politically Exposed Persons and perform alert closure in the tool with accordance to Group policy and procedure/SOP.
• Assess the validity of potential hits in accordance to prevailing Screening policy and guidelines and/or perform escalation to various business functions where necessary as set out in SOP.
• Ensure strict adherence to deadlines as stipulated in Group policy and provide timeline updates or perform escalation to all relevant stakeholders involved.
• Identify, analyse and provide solutions to potential production, policy and system issues to management and relevant support teams for enhancements.
• Provide support on ad-hoc tasks as and when assigned by team leader and/or manager.
• Collaborate with local and regional teams for any new and existing process and/or requirements.
• Contribute and involve actively in the constant improvement of processes and procedures.
• Communicate professionally across various business functions to facilitate smooth review process.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
• Strong knowledge in Sanctions, AML/CFT and KYC with high sensitivity to legal, compliance and operational risks.
• Able to investigate and assess pieces of information thoroughly, finding linkages from different sources of information.
• Ability to handle large volume of data and perform effective analysis.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
• Must be able to work as a team and independently for timely completion of assignments.
Specific Qualifications (if required)
• Bachelor Degree or equivalent
• Minimum 3 years of experience in Due Diligence or Compliance area related to KYC, Sanction, AML, CFT.
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)
• AML certification from an accredited institution (e.g. ICA or ACAMS)
• 3-5 years’ analyst’s experience in KYC/Sanction/PEP or AML / CTF in an International Bank or a Big Four preferably in APAC