Strutt & Parker - Tenancy Progressor - Chelsea
We have an opportunity for a Lettings Tenancy Progressor to join our Chelsea Management team, the successful candidate will be an excellent team player with solid organisational and communication skills, both verbal and written. The ability to work under pressure, a willingness to learn and an excellent telephone manner are required.
The successful candidate may have some experience of working in a fast moving environment and be able to provide a high level of service to clients. Self-motivated with the ability to demonstrate reliability and flexibility is essential, as well as being comfortable and capable of working as part of a team. This is a full-time role which involves supporting the Lettings teams and includes day-to-day contact with our clients and customers..
- Administer new tenancies and the production of new agreements to quality and to deadline.
- In the case where the tenant or landlord wishes to use their own tenancy agreement refer both parties to independent Solicitors for specialist advice
- Liaise with negotiator to conclude outstanding offer details and other tenancy related matters
- Draft appropriate tenancy agreement (to be checked by the Office Head/Team Manager) with accompanying correspondence and send out for engrossment to both parties via Adobesign
- Ensure that the required AML/KYC signed off has been received prior to sending agreements for signature(regulated tenancies only)
- Prepare initial invoices, standing orders and rent demands for tenants
- Follow up on credit reference responses and where necessary notify negotiator to seek guarantor options or up front payments
- In the event of credit reference failure/sub standard outcome notify negotiator and Lettings Office Head and seek alternative arrangements subject to client consent
- Send credit reference report to client correspondence and in event of reference failure confirm agreed course of action
- Produce deed of guarantee document and send for signature or prepare up front rental payment invoice
- Check that initial monies have been received prior to key release, and guarantor signature, if applicable
- Confirm receipt in office of signed agreement by both parties. If not received, escalate to both parties if one has not sent back forms.
- Register deposits with TDS.
- Quality check own work and ensure Team Manager also checks completed paperless file
- Process deposit releases upon receiving instructions from landlord and tenant.
- Complete tenancies on Reapit once deposit is released and keep updated.
- Administer any tenancy changes by way of new agreement/deed.
- Prompt gas safety ,EPC, Right to Rent and renewal reminders, following up and instructing where required.
- Field initial tenant and client queries regarding tenancy matters (legal queries/post move in snagging) consulting with Team Manager and Lettings Office Head where necessary
- Check inventory check-in invoices and authorize for payment within 48 hours of receipt in the office
- Administration experience or in a similar level role
- A smart appearance and professional approach is essential
- Excellent communication skills and team player
- Customer-focused with commitment to maintaining excellent service standards at all times
- Organised and systematic - able to prioritise workloads
- Ability to conform to specified processes and routines in a fast paced environment
- Good working knowledge of IT systems and user knowledge of Reapit a bonus
- Proactive with good time-management and ability to multi task
- An interest in working real estate/estate agency environment.
BNP Paribas Real Estate is proud to be an inclusive employer, as recognised by our RICS Inclusive Employer status and the Stonewall Equality Index.