#Capital Markets #Structuring #Structured Products #Derivatives #Equities #Rates #Finance #Mathematics #Statistics #Stochastic #Models
About Global Markets
- Global Markets is BNP Paribas’ capital markets business within Corporate & Institutional Banking (CIB), delivering solutions across asset classes, and industry-leading services for clients including Institutional, corporate, private banks and retail distribution networks. Our Portugal Platform (Lisbon and Porto) is a major HUB in Europe and certainly unique in the country by its size and its scope of activity, with all Front Office roles present (Trading, Sales, Research, Structuring, Quant & Engineering, Business Dev and Support, Marketing & Client Support, Risk Management, Data Analytics and Machine Learning, among others) We are growing fast with the ambition to become even more relevant for the worldwide activity
Your Main Activities Are
- Coordinate with Traders, Sales and Structurers as well as support functions (including middle office, compliance, legal, marketing) to support the commercial effort, by pricing structured products and related activities
- Answer in a timely manner to clients' requests regarding specific features of the products.
- Participate in the creation of a product offering, contributing to the investment ideas generation
- Create product pitches and support the delivery to clients
Profile and Skills to Success
- Masters Degree in Financial Mathematics and/or Statistics
- Fluent in English
- Knowledge of a programming language
- Knowledge of Financial markets, products and derivatives
- Proficiency in Excel
- Analytical ability, problem solving, attention to details, autonomy, intellectual integrity
About the Team
- The Europe Structuring team is a young and growing team within the Global Markets platform in Lisbon, working with Traders, Sales and other structurers both in Lisbon and abroad, developing and executing structured products for our clients. We are looking for a motivated intern, with interest in Financial Markets and products and knowledge of Financial Mathematics and Stochastic Models to work with the team in its derivatives pricing activities
- Best part about the internship? You can choose to split the time between Lisbon and Paris- for instance, 6 months in each location- while working closely with other locations in the UK, Italy, US and parts of Asia
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions:
- Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines;
- Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services;
- Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional clients.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
· Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
· Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.
Discover the different professions within BNP Paribas: Corporate finance
Corporate Finance includes all BNP Paribas internal financial management roles, which are essential for maintaining the Group’s strength and leadership in its markets.Find out more
Why should I apply?
Basically, why would you want to join BNP Paribas over any other company?
BECAUSE YOU'RE THE KIND OF PERSON WHO WANTS...
What if we told you that working in our Group isn’t quite what you might think? At BNP Paribas, we do a multitude of different jobs that are constantly evolving to meet the expectations of our clients and society as a whole. Whether through everyday tasks or major projects, doing one of our jobs means making a personal commitment to taking sustainable action.
Feeling good about your job means bringing your whole self to work and being who you are. It’s also about having the resources you need to achieve a healthy work-life balance. Both of these are major commitments at BNP Paribas.
At BNP Paribas, developing your skills is as important to us as it is to you. And the skills you learn with us will help you through the rest of your working life.