At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
This position is responsible for conducting technical and system analysis to maintain and improve the integration between systems within the Payment Hub Platform.
1) Documents system parameters and formats, ensures hardware, and software systems compatibility and coordinates and/or modifies systems parameters.
2) Assists in formulating and defining small project/system scope and objectives and developing detailed systems specifications from which programs will be written and that fit with the Bank's system architecture standards.
3) Participates in evaluating existing systems and procedures to identify deficiencies and maintain more effective data handling, conversion, input/output requirements, and storage.
4) Assists with analyzing, developing and revising existing system logic difficulties and documentation as necessary.
5) Works with IT team through coding and implementation to ensure product matches envisioned result.
6) Assists in conducting feasibility studies and may participate in recommending new or enhanced applications software to meet business needs.
7) Provides basic coordination and analytical assistance to staff which may include interpretation of requirements.
8) Provides assistance in developing detailed requirements with business partners and system definition.
9) May support development of test scripts and participate in functional testing.
10) May support maintenance of business systems and interface applications.
11) Ensures compliance to departmental and bank processes or procedures related to supported systems.
12) Provides support as a subject matter expert to department or business units for small/less complex business applications or system processe
The resource also gets the opportunity to work on the latest technologies/platforms used in the Payment industry such as ACH, TCH, FedWire and Swift etc.
7+ years of experience as a hands on systems analyst with technology understanding and some technical background.
Experience working in banking domain with deep knowledge of one ore more industry standard payments such as ACH, Wires and/or RTP.
Experience working in FinTech companies or any Financial institutions handling the system analyst role.
Experience working on integration with Middleware (ESB)
Experience in Messaging solutions like MQ and middleware platforms
Experience building the system specifications in different formats including the standards such as ISO20022, SOAP, JSON, CSV etc.
Experience working with business stakeholders, translate business requirements to the technology team and also to be able to define specs.
Experience working with ETL, and data warehousing
Exprience taking part and performing integration testing, functional testing, End to End testing and regression testing.
Experience working for any of the latest payment types such as RTP including Zelle.
Experience in Agile methodology
Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering or equivalent degree.
Strong team player, works well with peers within and across organizations
Always customer focused and do what is right for the customer
Excellent interpersonal and oral/written communication skills
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.