At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
The Enterprise SDLC team is transforming the way Bank of the West builds software by providing standardized best practices for management of the complete lifecycle of software at the bank. This is a cross-functional team designed to increase the speed and quality of delivery while seamlessly integrating security and compliance into how software is delivered. Primarily, but not exclusively, supports the business line strategic planning and program implementation. Conducts decision-making research for the Business Line/Division Head. Implements strategy and helps identify business line/division issues early and recommends solutions. Responsible for supporting an array of activities that advance the strategic vision of the line of Business / Group. Partners closely work closely with leadership in driving strategic initiatives.
Essential Job Functions
- Collaborate within the team and across BotW to help iteratively build and maintain the SDLC process
- Assesses effectiveness and ease of implementation of different processes
- Gathers requirements from different stakeholders, including security, compliance, and operations
- Develop assessments showing each team's level of SDLC maturity
- Maintain guides and process documentation
- Advises technology teams on best practices
- Stays abreast of relevant activities and technology implementations across BOTW
- Performs additional duties as assigned
- Performs strategy formulation, development, implementation, and evaluation to advance the operational success of the Group.
- Directs Division's operational efforts supporting new business development, strategic initiatives and business performance management.
- Reviews, and recommends improvement of business plans and operations; this includes assessment of organizational readiness for, and exercise of, operational agility and flexibility.
- Identifies and refines business goals, and develops and implements jointly with Corporate Marketing projects and programs to achieve those goals.
- Engages with business partners to ensure that critical strategic decisions are vetted and well thought out prior to execution. Ensures project dependencies are clearly defined and communicated appropriately in terms of time required to complete.
- Assists Division Heads with central issues, policies and procedures, white papers, analysis and administration, as needed.
- Counsels executives on business unit insights to ensure organizational alignment and drive attention to areas of focus.
- Researches programs, capabilities and processes of best-in-class competitors, vendors and industry experts to identifty best practices that will improve Division efficiency and effectiveness. Defines and deliver projects to introduce and institute those best practices.
Other Job Duties
- Leads special projects for Division as directed by Division Head, as needed by any other group/department of the Bank
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 5+ years building enterprise software in an Agile methodology (this may be as a software developer, project manager, or similar role)
- Extensive knowledge of modern DevSecOps practices
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to synthesize information from different sources
- Strong research and discovery skills
- Ability to present to a wide range of audiences
- Familiarity with Lean systems thinking
- Bias toward automation
- Requires mastery level knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- May have deep knowledge of project management.
- Requires 10 years minimum prior relevant experience.
- P5 - 10 yrs Requires mastery level knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience. May have deep knowledge of project management.
Requires 10 years minimum prior relevant experience.
- Excellent knowledge and ability to synthesize data into meaningful presentations.
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Outlook, Excel).
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Ability to perform with complete autonomy.
- Good organizational skills, sales and marketing knowledge.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.