Sr Strategic Planning Officer - Human Resources
At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
- Provides critical leadership and management in the development, execution and evaluation of the Group administrative and support activities, financial resources planning (with Finance Manager), expenditure strategy (with Procurement Mgmt), review of annual operating budget, and stays abreast of business projects and status.
- Serves as a spokesperson and representative for CHRO. Disseminates information and communicates ideas on their behalf. Facilitates resolutions between business leaders on behalf of CHRO as required.
- Provides thought partnership, advice and counsel as appropriate. This includes and is not limited to; the planning and preparation of the quarterly Management Business Reviews, Monthly Meetings, presentations at EMC meetings, facilitation and planning of Executive visits including schedules, dining, business mmeetings, prep of staff and business materials.
- Develop and execute business process that delivers accurate and timely information, and is aligned with needs and priorities of the business. Manage the executive agenda to align with priorities and organizing agenda’s to meet executive’s deliverables.
- Drive the process to ensure all materials are provided in advance of meetings and in addition to providing the appropriate content.
- Liaises with business line senior management on strategic business planning, policy-development and problem solving, and may conduct analytical studies to support. With Leadership and Finance, develops and coordinates the annual strategic & budget planning to align business objectives to the organization's strategic plan and objectives.
- May expand the reach of the CHRO, through planning and execution of Engagement Tours across footprint, planning as many as 5-8 detailed trips to the bank’s hubs and preparing material
- Assume responsibility for "special projects" at the request of the CHRO
- Performs other duties as assigned
- 12+ years of business experience with broad knowledge in all areas of financial services with knowledge of HR disciplines preferred
- Expertise in project management and outstanding collaboration and communication skills
- Exposure to common financial services support functions - IT/Marketing/Operations/Communications/Finance
- Adept at understanding corporate workforce and cultural dynamics
- Proven ability to effectively build processes that ensure groups runs smoothly
- Proven ability to balance the delivery of work products against the realities of a budget and creative resourcefulness
- Proven ability to think strategically, anticipate future consequences and trends, and incorporate them into immediate and long term planning
- Change management acumen -- and ability to flex as needed to continuous strategic and tactical change
- Bachelor’s degree or related work experience; Master’s degree preferred
- Must have expertise in HR disciplines
- Acute focus on streamlining the office of the CHRO in conjunction and at times direction of the EA to the CHRO.
- Provides HRLT members insight and guidance as needed and when appropriate.
- Develops a strong relationship with all leaders especially in HR. Informally, be a friend and guidepost for all while driving the success of all HR delivers to empower, grow and positively engage the human capital at BOW.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and #to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.