At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Works with all Business partners, Solution delivery teams and Enterprise Architectural teams to analyze, develop and implement complex programming solutions. Will be responsible for implementation, integration, and unit test of maintaining existing and developing new software. An expert in understanding of application systems and strong knowledge of all major business functions
1. Provides technical expertise in the examination and definition of objectives for existing or proposed systems and in the design of improved systems utilizing information services. Provides technical expertise to staff including interpretation of specifications.
2.Evaluates and recommends various technical solutions to meet requirements. Develops proposals including systems, consulting services, benefits and costs. Provides system configurations and interface strategies.
3.Evaluates technologies and business strategy to develop IT applications strategic direction.
4.Develops and documents project plans, budgets, and schedules.
5.Performs problem solving on most complex projects and issues.
6.Researches new developments in hardware and software. Maintains currency in techniques and tools enabling system proficiencies and performance improvements.
7. Understands the Business requirements and translates them into functional and technical design documents
- Overall 15+ years of web applications experience
- 8-10 yrs Experience with methodologies including Design patterns, architecture and object oriented design
- 8+ Proven architecture and application development experience using C# or .Net or JAVA/J2EE technologies
- 8-10 yrs Experience with UI/Web framework such as GWT, Struts, and Spring MVC
- 8+ Experience in UI development using HTML5 or Angular etc
- 8+ Experience with middleware platforms and messaging technology
- 8+ years of SOAP and RESTful Web Services experience
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge and understanding of Agile
- Knowledge and understanding of Distributed applications and Rules engines
- Knowledge and understanding of software development life cycle (SDLC): code control, build and deployment
- Knowledge and understanding of authentication methods or protocols
- Knowledge and understanding of cloud computing
- A BS/BA/BE degree or higher in information technology
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.