Senior Software Engineer II- Java/J2EE
At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Troubleshoot, Manage, Maintain and upgrade customer lead generation and distribution systems .Evaluates and recommends various technical solutions to meet requirements. Develops proposals including systems, consulting services, benefits and costs. Provides system configurations and interface strategies.
Evaluates technologies and business strategy to develop IT applications strategic direction. Develops and documents project plans, budgets, and schedules.Performs problem solving on most complex projects and issues.
Researches new developments in hardware and software. Maintains currency in techniques and tools enabling system proficiencies and performance improvements..Provides project management and team oversight for large and complex projects. Provides technical expertise in the examination and definition of objectives for existing or proposed systems and in the design of improved systems utilizing information services. Provides technical expertise to staff including interpretation of specifications.
Essential Job Functions
- Leads software design services typically in a defined highly complex project(s)
- Create Application Architecture and Design
- Conducts a wide range of highly complex quality control tests and analyses to ensure that software meets or exceeds specified standards and end-user requirements
- Reviews and develops improvements to system requirements and business processes; codes, tests, debugs and implements software solutions
- Ensures that system improvements are successfully implemented
- Establishes improvements to increase efficiency
- Develops software policies, standards and procedures
- Revises and approves test plans and scripts to ensure alignment with standards and Technology strategy
- Ensures that system tests are successfully completed and documented and all problems are resolved
- Mentors engineers
- Manages tasks of team of engineers and their delivery
- Coordinates and communicates applications support activities with key stakeholders
- Performs other duties as assigned.
10+ Experience with methodologies including Design patterns, MVC architecture and object oriented design
8+ Proven architecture and application development experience using JAVA/J2EE technologies. 2+ Years campaign management applications/product experience
2+ years of Python, RDBMS database SQL (Oracle, Teradata a plus), and UNIX/Linux bash shell programming
10+ years of web applications experience
10+ years of MVC (Model-View-Controller) Framework experience
6+ Experience with UI/Web framework such as Struts, and Spring
6+ Experience with middleware platforms and messaging technology
5+ years of SOAP and RESTful Web Services experience
Minimum 4 year of any of the following Banking domain experience required:
Core Banking, Digital Banking (Online, Mobile, Transfers), Cards, Payments (P2P,B2C, B2B) , Account Origination, Customer Onboarding, Customer profiling, Customer Journey, Customer 360, or marketing and capgain management experience.
- Bachelor's Degree
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.