At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Responsible for the design, development, modification, testing, adaption, and/or implementation of short- and long-term software solutions to business and technology needs. Reviews system requirements and business processes; codes, tests, debugs and implements software solutions. Works independently in a fast paced environment on issues of the highest complexity.
Essential Job Functions
- Leads software design services typically in a defined highly complex project(s)
- Create Application Architecture and Design
- Conducts a wide range of highly complex quality control tests and analyses to ensure that software meets or exceeds specified standards and end-user requirements
- Reviews and develops improvements to system requirements and business processes; codes, tests, debugs and implements software solutions
- Ensures that system improvements are successfully implemented
- Establishes improvements to increase efficiency
- Develops software policies, standards and procedures
- Revises and approves test plans and scripts to ensure alignment with standards and Technology strategy
Other Job Duties
- Ensures that system tests are successfully completed and documented and all problems are resolved
- Mentors engineers
- Manages tasks of team of engineers and their delivery
- Coordinates and communicates applications support activities with key stakeholders
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires mastery level knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- May have deep knowledge of project management.
- Requires 10 years minimum prior relevant experience.
EducationFull Stack Engineering
- Performs highly complex development using Agile methodologies including Scrum or Kanban
- Develops and maintains complex full stack applications
- Understands and uses CI/CD processes and DevOps practices
- Possesses deep experience with both
i. Intermediate+ experience in all functional areas (9+)
ii. Intermediate+ experience [direct] leading small Agile teams
- Tests using Agile methodologies including Scrum or Kanban or other SDLC methodologies
- Designs and leads the development of automated testing capabilities including creating and building new automation frameworks and test tool utilities
- Create automation test strategies
- Develop and execute automated tests of high complexity
- Fully supports POCs, installation, configuration, and maintenance of shared Testing tools and frameworks
- Will create test utilities and tool connectors in support of creating/maintaining automation frameworks
- Experience with and understanding of CI/CD processes, DevOps practices and full-stack methods and has the ability to test, debug, and code
- Strong technical competency in an Object Oriented Programing language
- Works on multiple assignments concurrently
- Create performance, load, and application security testing strategies
- Conduct Automation Brown Bag Sessions, training, marketing and socialization across the bank
- Train, coach, and develop new team members
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.