Sr. Appian Developer
At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Responsible for the detailed architecture, design, development, modification, testing, adaption, and/or implementation of short- and long-term software solutions to business and technology initiatives that are of moderate to high complexity levels with integrations. Reviews system requirements and business processes; codes, tests, debugs and implements software solutions. Works independently in a fast paced environment.
Essential Job Functions
- Advises and Leads software architecture services typically in a defined moderate to complex project(s) by coordinating with Enterprise Architecture.
- Analyze, design, implement, integrate and test multiple Appian BPM applications using latest version of Appian
- Hands on development of Appian BPM applications
- Provides working prototypes to confirm the feasibility of technical solutions
- Reviews and develops improvements to system requirements and business processes; codes, tests, debugs and implements software solutions.
- Ensure project deliverables meet quality standards and functional as well as non-functional requirements
- Ensures that defined architecture is successfully implemented
- Establishes improvements to increase efficiency
- Develops and governs software policies, standards and procedures
- Revises and approves test plans and scripts to ensure alignment with standards and Technology strategy
- Creates Appian objects such as records, models, rules, CDTs, etc. according to best practices
- Reviews and advises IT standards and procedures.
Other Job Duties
- Interface with Architects, customers and technical personnel to understand business processes and system requirements
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to write clear, understandable logic for maintainable code, which meets design specifications.
- Participate/Provide the Level3 Production Support (as needed)
- Participates in technology Architecture reviews with Enterprise Architecture
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Ability to identify, resolve and recommend solutions to problems.
- Aptitude for detail and accuracy.
- Ability to develop and maintain customer relationships. Ability to interact diplomatically with a variety of individuals on all levels.
- Ability to effectively communicate with technical and non-technical groups, both internal and external.
- Ability to provide training and guidance to less experienced developers
Qualifications & Required Experience
- Requires mastery level Technical knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- Requires 10 years minimum prior relevant experience.
- 5 to 7 Years of experience in Architecture/Design and Development using Appian BPM version 17 and above version.
- Deep knowledge and experience in Agile methodologies
- Experience in working with JSON, XML & RESTful API
- Experience in Object Oriented programming languages primarily Java
- Experience in real-time / Batch data integrations
- Experience in Distributed environments
- Experience in backend database development with Oracle
- Experience in working with at least one external integration i.e. Web service, ESB, etc.
- Experience working with Enterprise Architects
- Experience in Banking/Financial industry is preferred.
- Exposure to Wealth Management domain is preferred but not essential
- Knowledge of current technologies associated with operating environments is a Plus.
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering / Computer Science
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.