Sr Software Engineer - IAM
At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Responsible for the design, development, modification, testing, adaption, and/or implementation and post implementation support of short- and long-term software solutions to business and technology needs. Reviews system requirements and business processes; codes, tests, debugs and implements software solutions. Works independently in a fast paced environment on highly complex issues.
Essential Job Functions
- Advises and Leads software development services typically in a defined highly complex project
- Work closely with our internal and external partners, lead the technical low level design. Work with project team members (Chief Security Architects, Senior Developers, Project Managers, etc.), and coordinate and lead interfaces with other groups from different domains.
- Passionate about delivering very robust, object oriented, modularized, zero defect, and high performance code and be responsible for making sure the team’s deliverables meet these expectations and timelines.
- Conducts a wide range of highly complex quality control tests and analyses to ensure that software meets or exceeds specified standards and end-user requirements
- Develops system requirements and business processes; codes, tests, debugs and implements software solutions.
- Develops recommendations on process improvements…and determines and makes recommendations on software design requirements
- Ensures that systems are monitored to increase efficiency and participates in the development of software policies, standards and procedures
- Drafts test plans and scripts to ensure alignment with standards and Technology strategy
- Monitors system tests and documents all issues
Other Job Duties
- Manage environments, Implement/Deploy software upgrade to various environments and support post implementation.
- Creates Conceptual approach, Estimation, Detailed design, Software Deployment Guide, Supplemental or non- functional specification
- Mentors Associate Engineers
- Manages tasks of a small team of engineers and their delivery
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires deep knowledge of OIM/IAM typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- Requires 7 years minimum prior relevant experience.
- 6+ years recent/current hands on experience with Core Java, OIM and IAM
- Possess strong background in API Integration
- Typically viewed as a specialist within discipline and possess broad knowledge of project management.
- Experience with SailPoint IIQ 7.2, Bean Shell, IIQ provisioning, business processes is desired.
- Successfully lead the design, development, implementation of a critical and complex part of an Identity and Access Management solutions. This includes building brand new systems, or enhancements, modifications to existing software. Implementing POCs and comparing different technologies.
- Hands-on experience developing and deploying large-scale enterprise Identity & Access with subject matter expertise in OIM in following areas:
- connector development
- approval workflows
- custom event handlers
- custom scheduled tasks
- OIM API Management.
- Good Knowledge on the ICF framework
- Experience in disconnected and connected application integration
- Developing automation Frameworks for IAM
- Have experience in REST API development
- Have working knowledge of Unix, WebLogic, SSL certificates
- Bachelor's Degree
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.