At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Perform full SDLC life cycle analysis, design, development, enhancement, testing, maintenance and technical support using agile (Kanban/Scrum) practices within Enterprise Data Services/Data Warehouse.
• Lead, manage and implement complex ETL/Data Warehouse projects.
• Data mapping, ETL development and, testing, and database design (for operational systems, data warehouses and data marts).
• Data profiling, data analysis and providing business systems analysis.
• Function as a BSA to understand and capture relevant business level detail to assist with bridging the gap between the various roles.
• Acts as the primary liaison between IT and business groups during analysis, requirements definition and design activities for enhancements and production tickets.
• Solves business problems using data-driven techniques. Look for order and patterns in data, as well as spot trends that provide strategic advice for business processes and IT solutions.
• Collaborate with business stakeholders, conduct JAD sessions and translate high-level business requirements/user stories to technical requirements and functional specifications.
• Work closely with the business on the front end processes and create Jira tickets for production issues in an agile framework.
• Works closely with Product Owners and Platform managers on prioritizing the production issues.
• Communicate with internal IT groups on upstream and downstream impacts related to the production issues.
• Gain a holistic understanding of a broad range of Retail Banking products, processes and related systems.
• Provide functional/team management of data projects related to one or more of the following: data quality/data governance assessments, data strategy and roadmaps, integration scoping (requirements, design and mapping), and data warehouse architecture, design and implementation.
• Perform information management assessments (review of needs, data quality, data security, etc.) and accurately estimate the implementation effort.
• Apply knowledge of the tools and technologies used by the team – Informatica, Toad, SQL, PL/SQL, SharePoint, JIRA, Confluence, etc.
• Apply strong Informatica technical knowledge in the areas on Informatica Designer Components -Source Analyzer, Warehouse Designer, Mapping Designer & Mapplet Designer, Transformation Developer, Workflow Manager and Workflow Monitor.
• Apply knowledge of analytical and logical conceptual level programming skills, data analysis, data mapping, data loading, and data validation.
• Understand reusability, parameterization, workflow design, etc.
• Support other system analysts, ETL developers and testers providing mentoring, technical assistance, troubleshooting and alternative delivery solutions.
• Performance tuning and end-to-end lifecycle experience with Enterprise wide data. Experience with Agile techniques: user stories, backlog grooming, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games.
• Support users in user acceptance testing and maintenance of systems and applications.
Minimum 7 years of overall IT experience
• Experience with Informatica, Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence
• Expert knowledge of relational databases, flat files and non-relational database structures
• Strong knowledge of data warehousing concepts
• Understand Logical and Physical data modeling best practices and techniques
• Strong Data profiling, data analysis skills
• Strong Oracle SQL/PL SQL skills
• Strong Unix /Shell scripting skills
• Scripting languages like Python is desired
• Experience working on Banking or Financial Services environments
• Track record of continued and recent education in Scrum, including training, conferences, user groups, self-study, etc.
• Ability to learn new technologies and be an advocate for technology improvements
• Experience in Big data technology stack
• Exceptional verbal and written communication, problem solving, and interpersonal skills required
• Ability to function in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
• Extensive experience on data controls; GL reconciliation, Health Checks and Financial Checks
• Hands on experience in creating ad-hoc reports for any business requests
• Knowledge of Banking products related to Commercial Loans, Consumer Loans, Deposits, Securities, Mortgages and Credit Cards
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.